Boo 202
Hunter New England
19/10/2020

I can & will do this

Posted in Hints and tips 28 Nov 2020

I have tried so many times to quit but failed every time.

This time I’m going to put 200% into it

Smoking 40+ a day and now on the NRT

I’m on day one today so yes I have a long way to go

My biggest setback is all the other smokers around me

I live and work with people smoking around me

Any tips on how to overcome and beat this is greatly appreciated

Thanks 😊

• Lia November 28, 2020 | 22:33
    Hi. Either tell them you are trying to quit or if their smoking bothers you, get away from that environment. Don't hang out with them. At least not for a while until you enjoy being smoke free. Don't let others govern your thinking. Spend some time away from them. May even make them sit up and take notice. Don't necessarily think the so called friends care about what you are trying to do. Often they don't! Surprise. More than often, they will take you down with them as opposed to helping you.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW November 28, 2020 | 22:42
    Its great to hear from from a nonsmoker so determined to break free! If you can get through one day, you will turn your health, confidence and finances into a bonanza of new possibilities you may have never envisioned! Tell your addicted mind to take the habit and or addiction away. Confirm with mantra's like, I dont smoke or NOPE and the torment will leave you. Believe in it. Its a mind game.
    Find your self belief.
  • Happiness November 28, 2020 | 23:59
    Hi Boo 202 Welcome to Lesson 101.....Yes, You Can Quit Smoking! Repeat , repeat and believe. I wanted to quit and my hubby smoked right beside me. He did quit too and we both joined our smoking friends on breaks. We chose to quit smoking, not quit our friends. You choose to quit smoking do what you find to make it work. Most importantly, make up your mind. It is a mind game. Please read our stories and especially the comments and advice given. Know the enemy....nicotine and gain the upper hand.!
  • softly40, Mid North Coast November 29, 2020 | 6:23
    Welcome Boo 202, stay close to this forum is my advice, everyone can give you much help and valued friendship. Be aware as said before, this is a mental concern along with any withdrawals from Nicotine in the early days. You have already got some strategies that did work, now you have the chance to make them stick. NOPE (not one puff ever) worked for me after a few goes, but by far the best thing was this forum. Learn and Live along with us.
  • Robn November 30, 2020 | 8:55
    Hi Boo, congrats on the best decision of your life. I didn’t change any of my routines..to stand wth people who smoked really reinforced what a great decision I was making.
    But it can work the other way for some, do what is best for you...join them after they have had their smoke if it is easier for you. But one thing I will say is if your mind is made up to quit.....nothing should tempt you back unless you want it to. So if you are feeling temptation at any time you need to reset your mind into positive thoughts and reaffirm what you want. One day at a time.
  • Robn November 30, 2020 | 8:56
  • Safe2017 December 01, 2020 | 12:45
    Hi Boo 202, you maybe surprised to find out that most of the smokers won’t even notice that you quit. Good luck in you quest. You can do it.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW December 02, 2020 | 23:35
    This is one place where we can bragg or spruik our successes or failures regarding Quitting the smokes with a receptive audience. Just imagine if I dressed up as a town crier with a loud bell in the busy central park, stepped up onto the highest picnic table and said.
    "Here Ye, Hear Yee!
    I announce a saving of over 8 Thousand Dollars over 300 days!"

I wonder if anyone would ask me how?

But I'd bet on this platform most would understand how.

Hope you found a sense of humour ?
    ;)
  • LoganLayla January 04, 2021 | 15:57
    What a big surprise my lover is back just within 48 hours with the help of Dr Prince how he cast a spell on him that made my lover to come back to me, whom i taught would never come back because he left me when another woman cast a spell on him that made him not to think about me. But when i was reading testimony about Dr Prince on how he have been helping people to bring back there lover so i also contact him. After i contact him my lover came back i am so happy for the good work he did for me you can also contact him today at WhatsApp + 19492293867
  • LoganLayla January 04, 2021 | 15:58