Winnebago
19/05/2013

Many thoughts of smoking today but resisted

Posted in Quit experiences 05 Jun 2013

Hi All,

Today has been a pretty tough day for me.  I have thought about smoking heaps but have so far resisted the temptation and am determined to not give in.  Its Day 13 of Champix and Day 6 of smoke free.  I have come this far and want to complete my first week as a non smoker.

Having a glass of red and watching the State of Origin tonight and am very wary that this may/will be a trigger.

The nausea has settled a bit today and I found that drinking a glass of flat soda water helped. Weird dreams last night again and only sleeping a few hours before I am wide awake again.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

I know I can do this and so much appreciate my fellow bloggers support too.

How is everyone else doing?

Go 'The Blues'

Neil

• danisu, Northern NSW June 05, 2013 | 16:42
    Go the Blues too! I am in my cutting down stage allowing 8 a day and monday I only did 6, yesterday 4, but just now 2 in a row cos I am stressed :( I know I am only cutting down at this but still down on myself. Oh wow just realised I should have take Zyban 40 mins ago-I wonder if that has anything to do with the slide?
  • dr.feelgood, Western NSW June 05, 2013 | 16:59
    flat lemonade is good also for an upset tummy tou will have to stay strong the champix should be taking the urge away anyway all the best and go the maroons.
  • Gammy, Hunter New England June 05, 2013 | 19:27
    Hi Neil..well done day 6 smoke free, thats excellent. as with the thinking about smoking heaps, we have days where the thoughts are pretty much in our minds for most of the days and then a few easier days where we dont think about smoking much at all..I guess thats part and parcel of the quit process..
    Anyway enjoy your glass of red and good luck on this journey xx
  • Kellie2185, South Western Sydney June 05, 2013 | 19:37
    Hi Neil,

I am at the very same stage as you. I too am thinking about the smokes and could easily go have one but we are stronger than we think. We have come so far and tomorrow will be our one week anniversary from the smokes! Whenever I feel like one, I remind myself of the positive changes my body is producing and how great it feels to be able to breathe deeper and not feel like my lungs are burning!

Enjoy your wine - it'll probably taste better now :)
  • Winnebago June 05, 2013 | 21:22
    Hi All,
    Cheers for your replies and blogs. Half time and we are both winning. The Blues and me. No fags yet and will repel them too. 40 mins to go for me and the smokes, and the Blues. It's just another day down. Clean from tar, nicotine etc. For all you NSW supporters, we did it. About time. I hope I am not going to have to erase this blog in 38 min time. Take care and stay strong. Neil
  • danisu, Northern NSW June 05, 2013 | 21:36