HelzieTate
Hunter New England
Story
12/10/2020

8 days into my quit

Posted in Getting started 13 Oct 2020

Hi everyone, I am super new here and using all of your posts as my support network to help me through! Im day 8 now and haven't had a very easy day of it, the struggle is real. I've been reading Allen Carr and listening to podcasts to find my resolve, and trying to distract myself with work. I'm hoping it gets easier soon! Any tips gratefully appreciated!

• Robn October 13, 2020 | 17:20
    Hi Helzie, welcome and congrats on 8 days smoke free...awesome effort. My best tip for when those “cravings” pop in to your head is to seen them for what they rally are..thoughts. You are simply remembering when you used to smoke, sel talk those negative thoughts away...eg: I don’t want to smoke that poison, I don’t need it and I will not ruin my plans of a smoke free life. The thoughts will only last a few minutes so distraction and self talk is the key. It does get easier every day that you don’t smoke...they will become less and less as you pass each day without smoking. Take one day at a time and defeat the nico demon......you can and will do this and you need to reward yourself constantly.
  • Robn October 13, 2020 | 17:21
  • HelzieTate, Hunter New England October 13, 2020 | 17:22
    Thanks so much Robn!
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW October 13, 2020 | 18:47
    I dont spend $185.50 on smokes, every single week.
    Yippee!
  • softly40, Mid North Coast October 14, 2020 | 8:31
    Welcome Helzie, you are on the right track by posting and learning about the devastating addiction that causes many problems. Have a further look at How to grow to be a happy nonsmoker by NASIA DAVOS, a video you will find on u tube. TedxUniversityofPiraeus. We all have a need for pleasure, so you need to reward yourself regularly. NOPE (not one puff ever)
  • Happiness October 15, 2020 | 10:14
    If you are reading Allan Carr don't skim or speed read it but come to understand every instance he means. It is how we relate to smoking which can set us free or hold us back. The proper mindset really will make it easier and also have more likelihood of lifetime success. Read all you can here , on line and videos are good too. We know how you feel , ....and we also you can the join the ranks of happy non-smokers!
  • jessfreeof, Northern NSW October 15, 2020 | 22:43
    Welcome Helzie my tip would be stick with this community.