Gemma23
13/05/2020

First time been social

Posted in Quit experiences 29 Aug 2020

Hi all I am almost at the 3 month mark now

And my partner and I have been invited to a friend's birthday tonight.

Feeling a little nervous since I haven't been out in the last 5 to 6 months because of health reasons. A few of my friends will be there they smoke but I am more excited to no that I will not be smoking at the party tonight and i feel proud for that. But i little nervous about going out again and been social.

This will also be my first drink in wow 5 months aswell.

My 1st time being at a party and not smoking will feel a little different I'm sure.

I am going next Sunday for the last bit of the hurdle treatment for my thyroid. It's a once off tablet form I have to take after that I can live a nirmal life again.

So I am going to enjoy tonight been a non smoker and smelling and feeling good.

Good luck to everyone out there starting there journey of been a non smoker.

It was one mighty ride these last 3 months for me but I got there in the end still not getting to far ahead of myself but I am proud and I am 100% sure I will never put a ciggeratie to my mouth again.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Thanks for all the great support

Without you and this forum I would have lost my track and started smoking again.

You have kept me strong and motivated.

• jessfreeof, Northern NSW August 29, 2020 | 19:11
    Have a lovely time tonight Gemma23 stay proud and enjoy the freedom of being a non smoker at a party.
  • Safe2017 August 29, 2020 | 23:44
    Have a great time but Always remember there in such thing as just one puff no matter how tempted you may be. NOPE - not one puff ever.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast August 30, 2020 | 9:24
    Good advice from Safe2017 just remember NOPE (not one puff ever) this will keep you strong in your commitment.
  • Gemma23 August 30, 2020 | 9:25
    Thanks all
    It is safe to say I did not have a smoke I kept strong. I thought to myself nope don't smoke it's smelly and a man was cough cough cough while he was trying to have a smoke and I thought that's the reason o stopped amokong
  • Gemma23 August 30, 2020 | 9:27
    Has a great night without the need to smoke. Yes there was smokers round me but no I did not give it to the horrible things. 🙂🙂🚭🚭🚭
  • Happiness August 30, 2020 | 10:55
    I am glad you enjoyed the party without a cigarette. Smoking does nothing for you. Rememver that and NOPE. I would imagine a lot were impressed and jealous of your quit. Great Quit. Congrats.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW August 30, 2020 | 11:02
    Whatever you do. However you think.
    We don't smoke-No matter what!
  • jessfreeof, Northern NSW August 30, 2020 | 11:29
    So glad to hear you were able to have a good night and didn't pick up a cigarette gemma23. Well done to you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us today, I was thinking of you first thing this morning and was wandering how you went. You have put a big smile on my face and hope in my heart. I imagine you would have a new spring in your step today. Have a magical day
  • Gemma23 August 30, 2020 | 11:35
    Thanks jessfreeof you have a good vibe about you I can feel. I did go very well.
    Yea I am very proud today that I did not have 1 puff 😊😊
    Have a lovely day all you non smokers