Sadm3
10/05/2020

Weirdest dream @day 82

Posted in Quit experiences 17 Jun 2020

I have this weirdest dream.. I dreamed that I was smoking beside the open window.i was holding an ashtray and a cigarette. Oh my god!😱 Has any of you experience this?

• Happiness June 17, 2020 | 21:12
    Oh yes, many have had dreams of smoking. While some are alarmed and think the worst, remember that it is the subconscious at work. I woke up mortified. I think that how you felt about that split second of thinking that you had broken a promise to yourself is what really counts. You sound alarmed and that is a good thing in my books.
    My hubby kept reaching for smokes after he quit. A curl of smoke from a mosquito coil would be a cue. Getting into the car , where he always lit up. They weren't even cravings, just thoughts....memories.
    I used to feel like I was missing something when I left the house....purse, keys, cigarettes......No I Don't Smoke!
    A dream of smoking doesn't mean you want to smoke....merely a reminder of the past.
  • Sadm3 June 17, 2020 | 22:52
    I just laugh at it cause I know I don't smoke
    And I am not a smoker anymore 😊 it's just weird dream...
    I am feeling good. No discomfort or anything.. I am
    Feeling normal. Then this dream that I smoke cause me some kind of like, cravings..
  • Safe2017 June 18, 2020 | 2:32
    Been there, done that. I felt guilty about it in my dream but relieved that it was only a dream.
  • Sadm3 June 18, 2020 | 2:52
    Yeah..thank God it's only a dream.
  • Aniruddha June 18, 2020 | 8:30
    I have had such dreams and I always wake up extremely disappointed. It takes me quite a few minutes to realize it was a dream
  • DAB57 June 18, 2020 | 15:09
    Hi Sadm3. It is a common experience for ex smokers to dream they are smoking. I am 4 days shy of being 2 years quit and I still occasionally have these horrible dreams. I wake up so relieved when I realise it was just a dream, the last time i dreamed I was smoking was a couple of weeks ago and I called even the horrible things.
  • DAB57 June 18, 2020 | 15:12
    EDIT: Hi Sadm3. It is a common experience for ex smokers to dream they are smoking. I am 4 days shy of being 2 years quit and I still occasionally have these horrible dreams. I wake up so relieved when I realise it was just a dream. The last time i dreamed I was smoking was a couple of weeks ago and I could even taste the disgusting things.
  • Sadm3 June 18, 2020 | 19:23
    DAB57, wow 2years. I wonder how it feels like😊
    Yeah the dream was so real..i just laugh at it because cigarettes has no effect on me now. I even bought a cigarette for my husband. I even bought 1 rem of it. But I don't smoke no more..
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 18, 2020 | 20:45
    Yeah sadhem. I went totally smokeless for 2 and a half years (11 to 8 years ago). still had flashback dreams of it. This nicotine business hasn't been cut down yet like hemp or opioids and hallucinogens. BIG TOBACCO need to be put into the same class. I hope I see it in my lifetime