FreshAirOK
Hunter New England
14/05/2019

One whole year today

Posted in Staying quit 27 Apr 2020

Hi everyone. I'm here to report that I've hit the one year milestone. I'm so happy. I feel healthier and am proud of myself for breaking a 45 year habit. I still read posts here but not as much as I used to in the beginning when I was checking in every hour or so. The support here is amazing so realize all of you how important the support is here. The first 3 months were the hardest mainly the physical effects of vivid dreams, mouth ulcers, constipation and just feeling like I was at a loose end. That's all in the past now and I'm powering along. Allen Carr is my hero as his book made all the difference and gave me the mindset to embrace a smoke free life. Very occasionally I forget that I don't smoke but laugh it off as a seniors moment. Stay strong, stay safe and stay at home and thankyou one and all for being here xx

• Robn April 27, 2020 | 9:08
    Well done FreshairOk.....you should be very very proud of yourself. What a weight off your shoulders and mind..to be free of that soul destroying habit.
    We look back now and wonder....what was the attraction to such an unattractive habit...why did we ever think it gave us anything good. Enjoy the rest of your life free and clean, healthier and happier and wealthier. You are an inspiration to all new quitters, no matter how long they have been smokers, that it can be done and that their lives will be better.. NOPE
  • Robn April 27, 2020 | 9:08
  • Nuts April 27, 2020 | 16:10
    Congrats on one year mate. Freedom is fabulous. Buy yourself something special 🤗
  • Happiness April 27, 2020 | 22:55
    Wow, a year already. How fast the time goes and how fast the dollars saved add up! While you get busy in your new life, we understand that you have less time to take part here. I am retired and it is becoming my new good habit. Don't forget to pop in and say hi now and then. I also believe in Allen Carr, and also in the benefits of checking in here from time to time to appreciate being a non-smoker. Take care FreshAirOK, and always remember that you choose to be a non-smoker.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW April 27, 2020 | 23:39
    I attribute my Quit to Allen Carr book, This programme and the members advice, support and comments. More importantly, once I developed my self belief to do it I realized my smoking habits simply stopped and I was and am happy to remain that way
    YIPPEE
    FreshAir Is better, OK
  • softly40, Mid North Coast April 28, 2020 | 7:33
    Hi FreshAirOK, I knew you could do it. Congratulations on one year quit, still remain vigilant, and close to this forum if you can NOPE (not one puff ever)
  • TWS, Northern NSW April 28, 2020 | 19:44
    Congrats on 1 yr , its an incredible achievement.
  • Zen Calm April 30, 2020 | 15:45
    Congratulations FreshAirOK. You are an inspiration.
  • Zen Calm May 09, 2020 | 10:40
    Thank you for your support and comments. Am back and re reading the Allan Carr book. X