Happiness
20/11/2018

Life after quitting smoking and suffering a stroke.

Posted in Quit experiences 07 Feb 2020

I though my life was over. But learning facts and understanding the problem at hand lends hope. Belief that it is in you to overcome and win is essential. Support and understanding and help from others like therapists make for a more positive attitude as you make progress every day. I am now walking and have more hand manipulations. I get to go home for the weekend again and return for just 4 more days. I take advantage of the time i have with personal therapy. I would not be 80% recovered if I had a poor attitude. Positive thinking goes a long way. Things i have learned here are invaluable in other ways!

• Nuts February 07, 2020 | 13:54
    My darling Happiness. You are so strong and have the most positive attitude ever. You will be 100% recovered in no time. I am so proud of you. Your strength and determination are second to none. 🤒💖
  • Leeann , Central Coast February 07, 2020 | 18:02
    That is great news happiness, we are so happy to hear that. I couldn't agree more with Nuts your sheer determination is amazing, very very proud of you. You will conquer this recovery to the absolute best of your ability, of that I have no doubt. 🤞🤞100% recovery🙏
  • AveryT February 07, 2020 | 20:19
    You sound truly amazing. Thank you so much for the inspiration! I wish you a speedy, easy and complete recovery.
  • Red-67 February 08, 2020 | 5:05
    Way to go, Young Lady :)
    The brain is a marvelous thing. With time, and effort, new pathways can be built. We are hoping, for you, a full recovery
  • Happiness February 08, 2020 | 6:12
    Thank-you all for your kind comments and support. Positive thinking will get me there.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast February 08, 2020 | 7:31
    Never a truer word spoken Happiness. All the things that you have given out to others - compassion, knowledge, support, overcoming, striving, positive thoughts, belief in yourself, are now helping you recover from your stroke with the wonderful help of all the medical staff around you.

Speedy recovery
  • Lando, Hunter New England February 08, 2020 | 8:27
    So good to see you racing down the road to recovery. I had a family member suffer a stroke at age 66 (no doubt in my mind from smoking). She went from hospital to a full time care facility. Quality of life = zero. Your positivity and strength shine through in all your posts, and no doubt have made the difference
  • Jill67 February 08, 2020 | 8:48
    That’s fantastic news Happiness! So many times a stroke leads to a decreased quality of life. It is so special to watch you take back your life!! Keep on keeping On👍🏻🤗
  • mandella, Mid North Coast February 08, 2020 | 10:18
    what can i say, you are an inspiration to us all, I personally thank you for the tips and suggestions you have given me, eg. Mr Carr etc. Take care and travel safe Happiness
  • Pisces24, Central Coast February 11, 2020 | 6:29
    I am so relieved to hear that the sweetest kindest lady is on the mend. Take care Happiness. You are so strong and brave.
    Always the giver to others.
    It is your turn to receive.
    Get well soon. Im always thinking of you🐟
  • Happiness February 12, 2020 | 21:42

Should anyone like access to free reading of Allen Carr;s most helpful quit smoking book which can also be applked to other areas of life and self help. Thanks to remaining positive i will be returning home tomorrow with a cane while i resume outpatient for a 100%
    recovery from my stroke.
    Believe and make it happen. You can do it!
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW February 12, 2020 | 23:41
    So proud of you shaz. We have the utmost respect for you.
    Before you leave the hospital system, double check if there is anything you may need to assist recovery. And take full advantage of your outpatient programme. You should continue to help people on this community, but dont neglect your own needs to physical activity and exercise. And thats an order or my advice. Your mind is in order. Its powerful. Its strong. And super positive. You can make it even better with some physical exercises that is recommended to you by your doctor and health professionals.
    Get that blood pumping. Do your best and make it happen.

I'm alright. I will never smoke again thanks to you, the other quit buddies here and the book. And because of the belief in myself I've Quit for good!

YIPPEE
  • Happiness February 13, 2020 | 2:04
    that is such awesome news. i knew you would do it Puff-No-More.I am so proud of you. My stroke could have been caused by turning to look in my blindspot . a cough or sneeze. Freaky, but i am in exercise mode now ' Great hearing from you.
  • Red-67 March 01, 2020 | 5:54
    Hey Girl; I got your message. :) In all honesty, I could have worded that better. I put my fingers in motion, before putting my brain in gear.. I just hate to see post, that make it sound like you will always have to be on guard, or STAY quit, or NOPE for the rest of your life. It may be time for me to move on.. I really hope your recovery is going good, and wish you all the best. OOOO :)