Stevo88
Story
2/02/2020

Better health and wealth

Posted in Reasons to quit 02 Feb 2020

Hello everyone 🙂 im glad to say that im now 27 days smokefree, cold turkey 👍

In the beginning it really was horrible..

Night sweats, irritable , and pretty horrible insomnia.. first three days are the worst it gets physically after that its just mind over matter in my experience anyway..

The reasons i feel i had to quit were..

1. The money!! I was spending upto 25-35 dollars daily..

2. My health was starting to deteriorate..

I have type 1 diabetes and im on the slim side, and ciggys were stopping me from eating well, and causing me to skip meals...

So was losing weight gradually.

3. My daughter.. i want my daughter to look up to me and have me around for another at least 40 years 👍

So far so good.. i feel really good, like im going to beat this thing, but i dont want to be complacent.. i quit 3 years ago for around 5 months.. i got bored 1 weekend sitting there thinking too much and bam was back to a pack a day..

They say every quit you get closer to beating the addiction and i do believe that..

You learn from previous attempts and cater to your next attempt..

Good luck everyone.. we can do this

• PuffNoMore, Southern NSW February 02, 2020 | 17:50
    Well done Stevo88
    Nice to have you onboard with a nice story.
    Glad you have made up your mind to Quit. The money saved may not matter , but I can relate with the missing meals and living long enough for our daughters, sons and grand-kids!
  • Stevo88 February 02, 2020 | 19:34
    The money saved is a bonus for sure but i think it should be the last thing on my mind.. i have had my health spiral out of control the last couple of months, mostly diabetes related and quitting is helping me to exercise easier, which is definitely a win.
  • Stevo88 February 02, 2020 | 20:24
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW February 02, 2020 | 20:37
    Definitely a win.
    Just avoid any thought of temptation for awhile.
    It may help to remember how you fell into the trap after 5 month's of abstinence.
    Stay totally determined for 5 more month's bro. After that you should be ok.
  • Nuts February 02, 2020 | 22:27
    Well done Stevo88. The worst is over. Stay positive 💕
  • Happiness February 02, 2020 | 23:55
    doing great Steve. Stay with us and stay successful.
  • DavidAusTX February 03, 2020 | 2:29
    Keep kicking it Stevo, and know that there are a lot of us that are right here with you going through the same stuff.
    Stay strong - walk, drink water and exercise.
  • DavidAusTX February 03, 2020 | 2:29
    Stay strong - walk, drink water and exercise.
  • Stevo88 February 03, 2020 | 16:44
    Wow i didnt think i would so many people reading replying to my post 😎😎
    Im trying to keep busy with work and going for walks..
    Ive heard that the excitement of the quit wears off around 5-6 months after you stop..
    Im doing it a bit different this time.. im trying a few different methods out.
    I just have to be strong..
  • Lando, Hunter New England February 03, 2020 | 16:50
    Good on you Stevo. 27 days is now 28. And everyday you are smoke free is worth celebrating. You have proven your strength, you've got this!
  • Stevo88 February 03, 2020 | 17:51
    Wow i didnt think i would so many people reading replying to my post 😎😎
    Im trying to keep busy with work and going for walks..
    Im doing it a bit different this time.. im trying a few different methods out.
    I just have to be strong..
  • Red-67 February 04, 2020 | 4:57
    You can do this :)
    I don't know about the excitement, but I knew I was free, for good, by week 4, and you can be too. It is just a matter of your thought process. Make a smoke something you simply never want again. Embrace truly becoming a non-smoker..
  • Lia February 05, 2020 | 23:28
    Hi Steve88. Welcome to the quit club. If you can "survive" day 1, the rest is a lot easier. When it is not, just think back to those first few minutes of your "quit" journey. The money saved from the ash tray in the long term is very important. It is outrageous. Often $1000 a month or a mortgage payment. The improved health means you will enjoy the money even more as your life is extended. We all think we are bullet proof while we are inhaling poisons until it is too late. Why would anyone want to take years off their lives? What were we thinking when we stared... At least we have more to think about now.