butchmillr
Mid North Coast
26/01/2020

Quoth The Smoke, Nevermore

Posted in Getting started 27 Jan 2020

My first day, first day in years that I have not had a cigarette. I feel like I want one, but I don't. I am going to beat this.

You were right, everyone. Thank you for commenting on my story, you were right. I hadn't made up my mind. I woke up to many nice and encouraging words from you all, and I think that was it.

Yknow, not just being nagged to quit, but being believed in that I could do it! Thank you friends. I am in control. Let's beat these bastards and never go back!

Quoth the smoke, NEVERMORE!!!

• (JD) Dykie, Hunter New England January 27, 2020 | 17:43
    Well done, I know we can support each other & beat this. By sharing our stories & being strong towards a smoke free life. We can enjoy LIFE..
    JD
  • Lando, Hunter New England January 27, 2020 | 19:07
    Well done butchmillr! It is a great thing to be a non smoker. I am 27 days now. It has not been hard. I don't want to smoke. No one does. You can't be melancholy about missing out on doing something you don't actually want to do. This time around has been my lightbulb time. Never going back. And the more people who get on board, the better.
  • Leeann , Central Coast January 27, 2020 | 20:46
    Just think butchmillr, tomorrow is day 2. You can do this. Keeping busy helps for distraction in the early days. We a re her to support you and we are rooting for you to stay strong😊
  • Leeann , Central Coast January 27, 2020 | 20:47
    Sorry *Are here to support you*
  • Nuts January 27, 2020 | 23:50
    Well done Butchmillr. The first day is the hardest and the most rewarding. The build up to it is terrible. Full of worry and self doubt. You get through day 1 and are so proud of yourself . Yay you did it. Every day after that becomes easier and you become more positive and determined. Then you dont want to go back to day 1. You feel better and breathe easier. You dont smell and have a lot more money. Everyone is proud of you. Stay strong mate, its really worth it. I believe in you. 🤗💕
  • Jill67 January 28, 2020 | 0:26
    Hi Butchmillr!
    Sooo excited to see your post! Congratulations on Day 1. You probably do want a cigarette- it’s normal- but that’s just the addiction speaking. More importantly, you want your freedom, control and your health back and YOU are stronger!! Do read the Allan Carr book if you can- it really does help with the mind game. I believe in you!!
  • Happiness January 28, 2020 | 12:54
    i'm glad you believe in yourself for that is a solid foundation on which to build a sustainable smoke free life. don't forget to check in even in years to come to help others and stay committed to you. keep the edge you have. anyone can quit smoking and you are doing it! thanks for raising my dopamine.
  • Safe2017 January 28, 2020 | 14:36
    Well done and keep going smoke free. You can do it if you put your mind to it.
  • Pisces24, Central Coast January 29, 2020 | 6:52
    Hi! Butchmillr!
    I just had the biggest flashback to my Day 1!
    I didn't really think I'd survive.
    I got 15mg patches and joined ICANQUIT.
    56 days now. I remember that panicky feeling of being scared emotional and afraid. It is really weird that after 1 day you make 2. Then 3. Etc....
    You are surprised it's not as difficult as you feared. I dont really think the patches did anything for me but who is to know. The big difference was this Forum and the Allen Carr book.
    I thought I was weak and pathetic but I am strong. Much stronger than I thought I could ever be. My son also QUIT. It is so good not being a smoker and feeling like a low-life. 🐟
  • Nichoff, Northern NSW March 03, 2020 | 21:32
    I’m encouraged knowing I’m not alone in feeling moments of anxiety and dread as my quit target date approaches. I know I don’t need to smoke. I don’t have to smoke. I don’t want to smoke. Your posts help me to focus on these beliefs and my reasons for quitting.
  • Nichoff, Northern NSW March 03, 2020 | 21:32