anon1404
South Western Sydney
Story
30/12/2019

my story of how i started smoking

Posted in Getting started 30 Dec 2019

i had my first cigarette at 14 (i'm only 15 now). it all started off as a joke with a few friends at a party until we all decided we actually wanted to try it - before this i had only ever vaped with no nicotine. so one day we all went out together and got someone to buy us all a packet. after we got them we found a place to smoke them and ended up smoking nearly a whole packet each, it was really bad, but it helped me forget about a lot that was on my mind. ever since this day i have been smoking very regularly and i am beyond addicted at this point, i need to stop before it's too late. i hope me telling my story can help others and stop them from starting because it's really not worth it and it ends up ruining your life - like i can hardly do any of things i used to do (such as sport and spend time with friends and family) anymore.

• Happiness December 31, 2019 | 2:18
    Hi Anon. If I had tried to smoke a whole pack in one day i would have turned green, and not with envy!

I should think that someone of your age would have better things to do than to sit around and smoke all day to the extent that you have no time left for family or friends or to have a life. We make our own happiness girl. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. How about I give you one good reason to stop? Grab a pencil. Write down how much that pack of cigarettes cost and multiply it by 100. That is two packs a week at roughly $42.

Wow, $84 a week to spend at your age and you choose to spend it on cigarettes.? What's with that girl? When do you have time to work?

So if like most, it takes a while to get up to being a chain smoker, so five years or 260 weeks times $84 is $21,840. Wow, that's like a 5% down payment on a house where I'm from! Of course you will smoke more until you are smoking at minimum a pack a day for the rest of your life. So when you reach the age of 20 it is going to cost you $47 per pack because you just know that the government is gonna want its share on taxes. So it will only cost you 47 X 7 days a week ......329 a week or ( X 52) $17,108 year.

$17,000 a year. That's a blooming mortgage in my parts. So by the time you are 30 years old, smoking would have costs you $191,840.00. Yep, the decimal is in the right place. Almost $200 thousand dollars by the time you are only 30. Half a house......a very nice house. Of course a house would go up in value, while your health would only decline while smoking. The money invested in an account would yield you more yet. You might have had a little extra to take a nice vacation or two, buy a car and do a bit of living before you settled down to have a family.

Another thirty-five years again with smokes at least $60 a pk daily X 365 days a year is $21,900 a year burned to ash. A whopping $766,500 total spend destroying your health. In total, smoking until 65 which is the usual retirement age, it will have cost you nearly one million dollars!

If that isn't enough to have you sit down and look at that vile thing between your fingers and figure out what you want in life, i don't know what will.

Of course, you are welcome to stay and read our posts, You could just vape, but do you really think it will stay cheap? The government will up the price accordingly so it will retain its coffers from the anguish of smokers. Ooops, sorry vapers don't smoke. But when all of us smokers quit, vapers will be on the hook. Don't even get me started on whether enough time as elapse to even prove if vaping is safe long-term.

Most of us here could only wish we were young like you . If we could have a do over......well, we wouldn't be here!

You are young and bright with your whole future ahead of you. Right now you are the only one feeling sorry for yourself. Make the right choices for you and the bright future that is yours to claim.

Choose wrong.....yeah....i pity you.
  • Pisces24, Central Coast December 31, 2019 | 10:14
    Anon I'm so sad. I was you 47 years ago. I'm sad f or me. The young girl now a grandmother who smoked an d d I d my WANT to QUIT. Oh I wish I could be a you.
    I w would toss those filthy and smelly
    addictive rolls of poison in the toilet.
    I've got tears in my veges.
    They are are for me Anon.
    Listen to Happiness.
    The cost is only 1 REASON!
    You can quit. A lot of The p drool e non tho s level website have smoked 30 andv50years and and web e QUIT. sd o c ask you.
    Get out a nd luv e life.
    Swim, walk in the sunshine or start a sport just LIVE!
    You need to QUIT and sit back and observe your friends smoking and vaping and think about how STUPID it is.
    Take good advice. We are alive. A lot of people I know are dead because they thought smoking was cool.
    Read up on nicotine addiction and decide.
  • Pisces24, Central Coast December 31, 2019 | 10:23
    My god HAPPINESS!!!! Your calculator and keyboard must've been on fire!!!
    TOTALLY AWESOME predictions and calculations.
    But sadly all true and if only we had not smoked ourselves.
    Maybe you could lecture High School kids..
    We all know you're good at this...You could really make A difference getting to the young ones.
    Part of the time career????
    I would like Anon to give up us some real 15 year old experiences and observations about Vaping and what and how does this start. What makes kids that young vape? Dot h ey think it's cool like a we did wirh cigarettes?

• Pisces24, Central Coast December 31, 2019 | 10:25
    Tears in my eyes not vegies!!!
    HAHA! Gonna throw this phone in the drink real soon
  • Pisces24, Central Coast December 31, 2019 | 10:25
    My god HAPPINESS!!!! Your calculator and keyboard must've been on fire!!!
    TOTALLY AWESOME predictions and calculations.
    But sadly all true and if only we had not smoked ourselves.
    Maybe you could lecture High School kids..
    Part of the time career????

• Happiness December 31, 2019 | 10:44
    I thought you turned off the predictive text Pisces. Does make interesting reading though.
    Yeah its the new generation thing. Perhaps all of us ex smokers should walk around with a lit cigarette in our ears and start a new fashion. Afraid to do that though because if i didn't set myself on fire, i would forget and go to bed with it. Either way not good.

I wish they would just stick to the purple hair, body piercings and tattoos to express themselves. At least they would stand out in a crowd. As it is, all that will happen is that they get lost in a cloud.
  • Pisces24, Central Coast December 31, 2019 | 11:05
    So TRUE!
    What do you think I about being a motivator for High School kids????
    You'd be awesome. Save a few victims.
  • Pisces24, Central Coast December 31, 2019 | 11:07
    I will go to settings right now
  • penelopejane January 01, 2020 | 16:02
    Do the things you value. Do them as often as you can.