softly40
Mid North Coast
18/02/2019

Overcoming the fear of failure again.

Posted in Quit experiences 20 Jul 2019

Hello everyone, I am back from the Gold Coast, and Whitsunday Islands,where I saw family and friends in Queensland. No I didn't smoke this time! Before; During; and After. It looks like I have improved 100% from last holidays. I did have a thought about one when I was relaxing with my dear friends and a glass of wine, but it was only a fleeting thought. I had no time to think about it when I got to the Whitsunday's as I had an absolutely lovely time with my 4 Grandchildren aged 4 to 14 so much love from them and from my friends, I felt like I was the princess, instead of my chitzu, It is so good to realize I missed my darling dog, more than a cigarette. I didn't have time to post anything, but I read a couple and did my meditation most days and nights (slept well). 132 days now I think? Wishing all of you happy non smoking people a great day.

• Happiness July 20, 2019 | 22:54
    Welcome back Softly40 and Congratulations on staying true to yourself and your convictions. I am so happy for you and glad you were made to feel like a princess with your loved ones. You are special, and I hope they told you how proud they are of your winning this fight against nicotine. Most importantly , you have shown your strength and priorities to yourself. Keep on with your meditations, and doing things that make you happy. Good memories will keep you smiling, content and free!
  • Red-67 July 21, 2019 | 2:11
    Hey Softly40. Good to hear from you again :)
    That's wonderful, Embrace the freedom. Smoking is just something stupid, we used to do. Stay strong, and free :)
  • softly40, Mid North Coast July 21, 2019 | 7:28
    Thanks Happiness and Red-67 Its good to be back with my darling dog, but I also attribute my success to this forum which I knew I could come back to, without recrimination if I had failed. I have also dared to volunteer for Life Drawing Management, which I have done before for many years in a teaching capacity but that was 10 years ago. Now the challenge is to overcome the two things that used to go together, smoking and Art. I start in 10 days time. Yes happiness the meditation was truly a big help when travelling and socializing. Onwards and upwards.
  • Safe2017 July 21, 2019 | 10:22
    Well done Softly40. It’s actually really good to be able to spend the time with your friends or relatives without smoking. All the best.
  • Nuts July 21, 2019 | 10:27
    Hey Softly 40. I am glad that you had a great time with your grandkids. Its great to have a hug and not worry about smelling like an ash tray. You are going great. Well done. I am so proud of you
  • softly40, Mid North Coast July 21, 2019 | 11:01
    Thanks Nuts and safe and I hope things are going well for you both too so good to hear from you