Broncor
Mid North Coast
10/02/2019

I turn 100 today, 100 days of freedom, free of nicotine addiction

Posted in Staying quit 12 Jun 2019

Triple digits club now, reached an important milestone for me, it’s been such a help reading others experiences on this forum. I have saved over $3000, will be enjoying on o/seas trip soon. Thanks to all for your support. Anyways, onwards and upwards without that monkey on my back..... now for dry July...

• PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 12, 2019 | 18:10
    Well done Broncor. I think of you every Tuesday or Wednesday hoping you have remained Quit for another week? Now, you have reached 100, FANTASTIC , thats alot of weeks!
    We're so proud of you, you approached this all fully prepared, atleast a good month reading the posts and taking advice before your designated Quit date.
    You have to be well pleased with yourself for you guts and determination! I think you surprised yourself after all, as you had been wanting and thinking about Quitting for a long time. But I guess you could say that you made this Quit as fail-safe as you could because you had it well planned.
    Congratulations Broncor!!!!
  • Robn June 12, 2019 | 20:28
    Awesome job Broncor, what a great achievement.....hope you reward yourself with something nice.
    Now you know how great it feels to be free of the burden of smoking...don’t ever look back.
  • Nuts June 12, 2019 | 22:24
    Yay Broncor. You made 100 days. Good on you. I knew you would. I am really proud of you.
  • Lia June 12, 2019 | 22:51
    Hi Broncor. Can you believe 100 days ago you were happy to be burning $30 a day??? Yes, I know health and longevity of life are important but so is the pay rise and the added freedom to spend money that you never would have had. So much a joy with less stress as your wallet and pay cheque go so much further. You can even splurge on your friends. What a great feeling you must be experiencing. Can only get better.
  • Happiness June 13, 2019 | 2:19
    You were "Ready for This" as you titled your first post. So I am now learning that you were in the sidelines quite a while before making your presence known, learning and building confidence. Your planning and approach to tthis journey with positivity have paid off. Not only have you reached a major milestone but have become a valued member of this community and who's comments are always supportive and encouraging.
    Maybe you would consider writing a story of your successful quit to guide and inspire others. You are awesome Broncor! Your story could help others and support my mantra..Knowledge is Power! If others believe, they too will quit!
    Congratulations on a wonderful 100 Smoke-free days!
  • Safe2017 June 13, 2019 | 7:05
    Congrats Brancor. A terrific accomplishment.
  • Broncor, Mid North Coast June 13, 2019 | 18:37
    Thanks everyone for your support, you are the main guys to keep encouraging everyone, not sure yet if my story is too inspiring though, I took every bit of help and research here available, wanted to do it so long but really thought I wanted, needed and would miss smoking. What a fool I was, living in a smoke dazed haze.
  • Happiness June 14, 2019 | 8:26
    But you are someone who other newcomers will identify with starting out on this journey. I am glad you had a rapport with PuffNoMore and Nuts who encouraged you as much as you supported them. It is seeing that kind of caring and sharing on this site that makes it what it is.
    I hope to see your story in full someday soon. This is like a newspaper, you need readers as well as new stories to keep it fresh and alive.
    Every person who quits instills just a little more hope and confidence to someone else starting on this journey. Let's keep making this site the best of all of them.
    IcanQuit is a mantra in itself.