Shamrock
1/02/2019

Update day 25 cold turkey

Posted in Quit experiences 28 Feb 2019

Hi All just checking in ... as a recap I did 35 days NRT patch and am now 24 days cold turkey. My last update I was really trying to make that positive mental shift in thinking which helped a lot. But... thought I would be all good come that magical 3 weeks or 21 days... nope had 3 or 4 days of constant cravings...so annoying...I really did expect them to decrease but rather feel like they have kicked it up a notch... anyhoo one keeps going. Just wanted to say I am not yet in calm waters it must take more time...posting in case anyone else may be experiencing similar and losing their mind like me wondering if this is possible or happens to anyone else. 🍀

• PuffNoMore, Southern NSW February 28, 2019 | 15:51
    I guess you have to hang in there Shamrock.
    Surely it must get easier for you the longer you go.
  • Nuts February 28, 2019 | 20:04
    Hi Shamrock. I did 21 days on patches and then stopped them. About 2 to 3 weeks later i had some cravings as well. At least i think they were cravings. Could have been just thoughts about smoking. No sure cause i have never quit before. I just told myself, I Dont Smoke. It seemed to help and after a few days, i was back on track. Dont give in to the cigarettes. You are stronger than that. It will get easier. Just hang in there 🤠😚
  • Nuts February 28, 2019 | 20:04
  • Nuts February 28, 2019 | 20:09
    Take one craving at a time. Tell yourself. I will get through this one, and deal with the next one if it happens.
  • Shamrock February 28, 2019 | 20:51
    Thanks Nuts - am all good. Not giving in. Never giving in. Just sick of cravings and wanting them to stop. They suck joy from my days
  • Nuts February 28, 2019 | 21:57
    It will get better. The joy in your day will come from knowing how far you have come, and being proud of yourself.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW February 28, 2019 | 22:15
    I know about it. it hasnt been easy for you, but you have to push on. I have had problems with it like you, The emptiness feeling and the thoughts that enter the head. I think if you stay off the smokes you will look back on that period and wonder why. lol
    It will get better. Your not going insane. Its just you adjusting.
    Keep up your reports, because soon you can look back on them and pride yourself on your humble or painful beginnings. Your Awesome.
    Be positive.
    Your achievement is great.
  • Debbie317 February 28, 2019 | 23:04
    Hi Shamrock, Cravings cravings...They are not fun. For me I had to teach myself a new way of thinking. Now I walk 30 to work and 30 Mins home. If I still have energy or craving take the dog to the park and do another 30 mins to an hour. I find if i am breathless i don't have cravings. Some other Ideas are doing qigong. You can look it up on youtube but it really helps with the carvings. I do hope they leave you alone soon!
  • Geo March 01, 2019 | 4:11
    hey all, after no nrt, and cold turkey, my craves are still lurking, just tempting me at he most unlikely moment. Luckily I have several sites I turn to to distract and provide me with knowledge to overcome them. Thanks all !