Lia
30/05/2015

500 days and counting...

Posted in Quit experiences 11 Oct 2016

Not bragging. Thanking those who helped me get to this point. 500 days and $10 400 in the bank. A non smoker could not have helped me get to this point. A reminder to novices, this site will give you added strength to quit if you post regularly. After a while you truly will believe everything you have posted. The responses you get will power you on. Very important to post often and look forward to encouraging non judgemental responses. I still have the half carton I had when I quit, not to mention the half packet of Davidoff duty free ciggies. I will put these on eBay rather than consume any more nicotine. Will continue to inhale and exhale without thinking I may have emphysema... Much easier to deal with stress when I do not have to pretend nicotine will help. Caffeine drinks taste better too.

• WendyOhNo October 12, 2016 | 0:50
    Yes! It definitely helps to keep posting. I just reached a tenth of your accomplishment today. Today is Day 50 for me. At the start of this quit, I never imagined I'd get anywhere close to Day 50. So you even think about cigarettes at Day 500?
  • Dobbin October 12, 2016 | 4:05
    Wow 500 days Lia. I am really happy to be 100 days behind you permanently.
  • AllyV October 12, 2016 | 22:18
    If I was at 500 days, I'd brag. When I'm at 500 days, I'll brag. Congrats to you.
  • Lia October 12, 2016 | 22:58
    To all whom it may concern. 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days , weeks or months is harder to handle than 500 days. Just have to be on guard all the time. At no stage of the journey is a cigarette a reward. Nor is any stress related excuse justified. The longer you remain smoke free, the more likely you are to persevere and succeed. That is why my 500 days does not earn me bragging rights. It does however give me the opportunity to prove to others that if I can do it, so can they.
  • Miss lizzy October 15, 2016 | 21:43
    Woohoo Lia, you rock😎 500 days is awesome and the most inspiring achievement😊
  • mickjc1975, Hunter New England October 20, 2016 | 22:13
    Hi Lia, I got to 70 days (10 weeks), and saved nearly $1500. I did reward myself with that money and benefited greatly but I slipped up. However despite this slip up I have decided to quit again and am on my first day, my motto is Never Give Up On Giving Up. The fact that you have gone 500 days smoke free is not bragging, it is an inspiration and an encouragement.
  • Fullofhope, South Eastern Sydney October 23, 2016 | 23:09
    You have full bragging rights. Well done and, on behalf of us all, thank you for your constance. An old-fashioned but highly desirable, personal quality.
    Congratulations.