debbieuk
3/03/2016

tired after stopping nrt

Posted in Quit experiences 09 May 2016

I am feeling really tired after finishing nrt. I was on the nicotine replacement for 14 weeks, the last 4 weeks on the smallest patch half a day. Now after nearly 2 weeks patch free I am just so tired. The good news is I am not giving up and today is day 109 smoke free. So congrats to all of us on here, lets be winners together.

• IC May 09, 2016 | 21:47
    well its good to know I am not the only one who is tired my body is doing all sorts of weird sh$t and well its not so much fun but I haven't had a smoke for 41 days cold turkey.

so well done to you and hang in there this can not last for ever , at least I hope soooooo :)

so well done and thanks for sharing !!

IC

• manchild May 10, 2016 | 9:15
    Hey DebbieUK, Congrats to you! Keep it up! You can do it and so can I! I know its going to get better for all of us the longer we stay away from cigarettes. I'm wondering if the tiredness is because your body is kinda going "phew" I need a break and Debbie is giving me one now! ;)
  • butthead, South Western Sydney May 10, 2016 | 15:34
    Hi DebbieUK. I get tired too. Sometimes in my body and sometimes in my mind. It's good to put it out there, my friends at work have given up smoking and it all passes. They tell me how free they are, and we will as well . The day will come when we look back at this stage and appreciate what we have achieved. People will look at you and know that giving up is possible and you and I and all of us will be there inspiration. Now that sounds awesome.
  • butthead, South Western Sydney May 10, 2016 | 15:34
  • debbieuk May 11, 2016 | 16:33
    Thank you butthead, manchild and IC I will keep going and all the help on here keeps me determined to do that.
  • Larney11, Northern NSW May 13, 2016 | 6:23
    I find drinking lemon water helps combat the detox fatigue.
    Squeeze half a lemon to a large glass of water first thing in the morning and through the day when your feeling fatigued. If you are eating a lot of sugary yummy things , you might be having sugar crashes.
    I hope this is helpful for you. 🍋💦