tafulton
Story
20/01/2012

Switch to an E-cig

Posted in Hints and tips 20 Jan 2012

Stop smoking tobacco and start vaping e-liquid.  You get pharmaceutical grade nicotine and the feeling of something in your lungs without any of the nasty cancer causing chemicals you get when inhaling tobacco smoke.

I started smoking at the age of 14.  I have smoked at least 20 cigarettes a day since then. While living in China I was smoking 50-60 cigarettes a day for a three year period.  I am now 30.  2 months ago I got my e-cig in the post and haven't looked back.

Google it!

Report abuse ← Previous Story Next Story →

• Kwitting kwisty , Northern Sydney January 21, 2012 | 0:22
    I'm 6 days free and just started on e-cigs yesterday. Although they are not quite the hit that a smoke gives you, I must admit that the e-cig certainly saved me from having a smoke tonight. First real big night out with all my smoking friends. I always knew this night was going to be tough so early on during my quitting time but felt like I had to test myself anyway to see how I would react. I'm glad to say I'm still 6 days free and the e-cig was my savior when times got tough however I'm quite surprised thatb i didn't use the e-cig any where near as much as I thought i would. About a quarter of the time that I would normally spend smoking. Quite proud of myself and the plan is to get rid of the e-cig eventually as well. One step at a time.
    Well done you!!!!!! Two months and counting........ No looking back now.
  • dr.feelgood , Western NSW January 21, 2012 | 6:27
    you are sucking a make believe cigarette you have not given up smoking at all. this website is for people who want to quit smoking. who wants to smoke e cigarettes. you sound like an advert for them why don't you get a life...
  • Bubbleytoes53 , Illawarra Shoalhaven January 22, 2012 | 2:26
    Please excuse Dr. Feelgood.. You are not the first person he has vilified for using e-cigs.. Don't get my wrong, I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion but rudeness is certainly uncalled for!!
  • Meanie , Mid North Coast January 22, 2012 | 9:38
    Unfortunately you're just prolonging your addiction to nicotine, my advice would be give the E-cig away too, your life but you'll never beat the addiction if you keep using these.
  • Bubbleytoes53 , Illawarra Shoalhaven January 23, 2012 | 10:48
    Hi Melanie, you mentioned prolonging an addiction to nicotine.. Im just curious if you then also put patches, gums and inhalers in the same boat as e-cigs?? All of these are also nicotine products used as aid to giving up smoking.. Im not meaning to be rude at all, I'm just trying to understand your view point..
  • Meanie , Mid North Coast January 28, 2012 | 8:28
    I didn't use any form of NRT, because the problem is that we're addicted to nicotine and unless we quit that we're not going ever win.