LuckyEmmy
Story
31/05/2022

Insomnia and increased anxiety

Posted in Quit experiences 31 May 2022

Hey everyone, I'm on day 31 of not smoking. I'm very much still struggling with anxiety, depression, and insomnia. 3 nights last week I only slept for an hour each night. I feel like I can't handle really much of any stress without being entirely anxious for the entire day. Im curious if anyone has gone through these same withdrawal symptoms. I was a 17 year smoker. If you have any tips for me, please share. :-)

Report abuse ← Previous Story Next Story →

• Happiness May 31, 2022 | 20:35
    You adjust to the change over time, so it does get better so I understand. I cannot tell you from personal experience. Perhaps it is time to seek medical expertise if you have tried the usual relaxation methods to sleep. Lack of sleep is bound to make you more anxious and depressed, and not healthy. Think positive. Take positive steps and know it is all worth it in the end.
  • dstfry123 , Hunter New England June 05, 2022 | 7:22
    I went by through this too. I took melatonin for sleep. They worked. Don’t let the cigs control you and give you an excuse to have one. Keep up the good work. You’ll get thru this.
  • Mike O June 09, 2022 | 7:42
    Snap! Tears daily gloom and fladulation. Lifted by wandering mind blissfully on occasions eating and sleeping- the upside and maybe cause of my fatigue is over thinking and depression and anxiety maybe. I am trying to tough it out. I’m eating like a horse too.

I would say go for a drive go to the supermarket anything that will help lift your mood distract intrusive thoughts even a walk will help. Remember switch off ignore the thoughts for what they are physiological warfare to start you smoking again. That said speaking to your doctor might help for a shirt coorse of anti depressants - do it! Best of luck!😀
  • Mike O June 09, 2022 | 7:43