NOPE-2021
28/07/2021

SHOUT OUT to those that TRY!

Posted in Quit experiences 07 Sep 2021

TRYING to give up today

TRYING not to look like a failure

I’m TRYING to focus

TRYING too quit again

TRYING hard to keep the faith

TRY my best again and again

TRY my best to quit

TRYING harder than ever

Just keep TRYING hard

Back to TRY again

TRYING hard now to not smoke

TRYING hard to convince myself

TRYING hard to fight the urge

Even if I slip up, I'll TRY again

If you relapse just dust yourself off and TRY again

TRYING hard not to go back to smoking

TRY harder to cut down more

I will TRY and TRY again until I can one day say no thanks

TRY harder knowing others can do it

I have TRIED to quit a few times

TRY harder at not being so weak next time

TRY my best to stay positive

TRY my best to get through it as best I can

TRY, TRY, again

Umm,... I really like this one: You are more powerful than someone who stops TRYING altogether

FOR THOSE OF YOU REALLY TRYING,... KEEP TRYING, KEEP MAKING THE VERY BEST EFFORT THAT YOU CAN! These shared words are from past posts from this community. No one is by themselves. You are not alone. There is an army of people "trying"! Let's march together to freedom as a team. Go Team!!! We can do it! Others have! Best wishes to all of my teammates!!

• Jessfreeof, Northern NSW September 07, 2021 | 14:33
    WOW nope21 you sure put some effort into that. I think it's a great thing to do to go back and read through past posts. It keeps you off the smokes and reinforces your quitting 🙌 thankyou for taking the time to share what you found with us I loved it 🙌❤️
  • Leeann , Central Coast September 07, 2021 | 16:27
    Absolutely Nope2021, trying is the opposite of accepting defeat💪😊🙌
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW September 07, 2021 | 17:14
    Great Post.
  • NOPE-2021 September 08, 2021 | 0:16
    It's just that I see so, so many posts dealing with "trying" and asking for suggestions. I just want to remind those people, one: they are not alone and two: there are similar "try" stories right at their fingertips if they would only dig into some stories. I was just amazed at how many "try" stories I picked up in just a few minutes. Main jest of the post was to remind others that they are certainly not alone when it comes to "trying".
  • Ariel2121 September 08, 2021 | 6:33
    Great post! 👏
    Yes we are all in this together, go team!
    Life is all about ‘trying’ I know it is for me, trying to be a better person daily 🤪
  • Happiness September 08, 2021 | 9:20
    Keep up the great posts! We can quit smoking if we keep trying. We learn each and every time. Practice makes Permanent!
  • dstfry123, Hunter New England September 08, 2021 | 16:40
    Try and not overthink everything. Try positive affirmations on you can do this. Dont try - Just do
  • Ris, Illawarra Shoalhaven September 13, 2021 | 8:19
    'Try' is a very weak sounding word it refers to effort, but seems to lack purpose and drive. Maybe we could use words like 'determined' eg. I am determined to stop smoking as opposed to I will try to stop....do you see the difference? Put some attitude in there be defiant like a rebellious teenager, punch something, scream at the world "I will not let these tobacco companies win any longer, I own me and they can F**** off....they will not take my health or my money....grrrr and pull a face lol