NOPE-2021
28/07/2021

EVERYONE is behind us!

Posted in Quit experiences 27 Aug 2021

Hello QuitFam, I Just have to pass along a story that might make you smile.

The other day I had a routine medical procedure. I could not eat the entire day before. (I had cravings for food that day, NOT cigarettes). Back to my story...

I was in the surgery room and they were getting ready to "put me under" and asked when I had my last cigarette. I said that I recently quit. Everyone clapped and cheered for me!! They were pretty loud too! It was like having a bunch of cheerleaders behind me!!!

So, my non-smoking and soon to-be non-smoking friends, people on this forum, our friends and families are behind us quitting but so are complete strangers. Everyone is behind us!!! I have to say, I was so touched and smiling ear to ear!!

• Leeann , Central Coast August 27, 2021 | 9:59
    That is awesome Nope2021, you deserve to feel proud, and yes it would of been a lovely surprise them cheering and clapping for you. Feels great to be a winner, so well done👏👏👏👏
  • softly40, Mid North Coast August 27, 2021 | 10:10
    What a great reward, I hope the routine surgery went well for you. NOPE (not one puff ever)
  • Robn August 27, 2021 | 14:26
    Fantastic story Nope 2021, and doesn’t it feel great to say I am a non smoker.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery and many more happy non smoking days
  • PJ555, Hunter New England August 27, 2021 | 17:20
    So bloody helpful on my first day of quitting to hear such an inspirational story truly. Thanks for sharing.
  • NOPE-2021 August 27, 2021 | 20:04
    Thanks everyone for your comments. Yes, I am fine! More than fine after that day!!!
  • NOPE-2021 August 27, 2021 | 20:12
    Oh.... and PJ555, have a good first day, EVERYONE is behind you!!!
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW August 27, 2021 | 20:17
    Nice post.
    Those moments that validate our decision, to make the Quit happen, keeps us motivated. And, we know, we've made the best decision.
    Yippee

• Happiness August 27, 2021 | 21:09
    HIP HIP HUR RAY 👍👍👍👍❤❤❤❤❤
  • Jessfreeof, Northern NSW August 27, 2021 | 22:08
    What an awesome uplifting story to share 🙌 thankyou nope 2021 you put joy in my heart and I am so thrilled for you to of had such a beautiful magical experience 🙏❤️🙏❤️