NOPE-2021
28/07/2021

2 Weeks = I AM THANKFUL TO ALL OF YOU!

Posted in Quit experiences 16 Aug 2021

Hello QuitFam,

FIRST: Although it is a minor milestone for me, I really only want to post to tell you how THANKFUL I am to be part of this community. I have read hours of posts and have even used the search tool on this site. I pretty much get a "dose" of encouragement from this community on a daily basis.

==> For those members in this group that are ex-smokers for a period of time: I'm not sure you know how powerful your stories/journeys mean to some of us starting out. I am beginning to believe we can choose to make it easy or hard. Just reading the many posts tells me it is what we make it to be. Thank you all for your valuable time just to help us newcomers along. The posts are beneficial, they are so powerful, persuasive and promising (PPP!) for me personally, and I can guess, for others as well. I have read about the ups, the downs, pain, agony, frustration, failures, new commitments and about successes, benefits and confidence, new beginnings, a new life... It is all very valuable so please continue to tell your stories. WE ARE LISTENING!!

==> For those beginning on the path of being a non-smoker, like myself: Please continue to tell your stories too. We are not alone. There is no "easy button", and I think most of us know it's only natural to expect some resistance. However, emotions can spike and we are here for each other. Listening... tears, laughter, anger, loneliness, joyfulness.. Please continue to tell your stories, you are not alone. WE ARE LISTENING!!

SECOND: I want to say that 2 weeks in and I am in a very different spot than I was, even a week ago. I was jittery, anxious, miserable and feeling alone, but low and behold, these feelings are fading away. I am cherishing my journey and becoming aware of the freedom I have now and realizing there is much more to come. I have bad moments, sure, but I have to get over it and move on. I think I'm the kind of person that needs to be "on guard" and continue with NOPE - Not One Puff Ever because, I already know just one puff will put me back to square one as it has happened before and I don't want history to repeat itself.

I have seen week #2 before many times and have to admit that it was common for me to "break" between week #2 and week #3. I have not yet surpassed week #3, but I am determined to pass week #3 this time. I don't want to be STUPID! I have the power and strength to do so and a lot of the power and strength is coming from this community. MANY THANKS MY FRIENDS!! - hugs!!!

• Red-67 August 16, 2021 | 8:14
    GO YOU !! :) Great :)
    It's not uncommon. Week 2 to 3 is really crunch time for your brain, and nicotine.
    The real key, is having the other side of your brain more powerful, to make it over that hump.. Not so much willpower, as a true desire to be free of it. You simply never want or need another one.. YOU got this :)
  • Red-67 August 16, 2021 | 8:34
    AND,, Thank YOU.. It is the chance that we can help anyone else break this ridiculous, addiction, that keeps some of us coming back :)
    Keep strong, week 3 can be a test, and the light at the end, when you really feel the freedom.. I have faith in you :)
  • NOPE-2021 August 16, 2021 | 8:40
    Thanks Red for your support. YOUR posts always gives me something to think about. YOU have a gift with your advise and I am sure many are listening. Keep it up for us and it is amazing people like you are determined to keep coming back to pick us up and get us off this addiction. Lot's of "free" advise. Thanks again Red.
  • Happiness August 16, 2021 | 9:09
    A pleasure working with you NOPE2021 and with all who desire to be free of this terrible addiction. My soul soars every time I see someone who finally believes in themselves and continues on to successfully become happy smokers. We all are alike in that all of us have to remember the NOPE mantra. Nicotine is just waiting for us to tempt fate.

I love being a non-smoker, free of the demands and the stink and the poisoning of my own body. I am so grateful that I was healing from its effects of 40 plus years, for about a year when I had my stroke. . Time can heal. I would not give nicotine a chance to catch hold again.
    I don't miss it, I don't need it. I don't WANT it. iT NEVER did anything for us , except have us lie to ourselves and make excuses.

You, NOPE2021 overcame the FEAR.....Forget Excuses and Accept Reality.
    We CAN quit smoking. Keep thinking positive!
  • Leeann , Central Coast August 16, 2021 | 9:11
    Congratulations NOPE on 2weeks, don't undervalue your achievement thus far, it's a long way from Day 1. I am really proud of you and I'm also confident that you will ace this next week and share with us when you reach 3weeks. You have got this fellow newbie, we will not break, we want this, it's that simple, so nope nope nope to any caving or crumbling. We are going to become WINNERS together.

I totally agree, this website and kind encouragement does wonders for the determination, it is so lovely and kind the support and time that people share. 🙌🌞
  • NOPE-2021 August 16, 2021 | 9:53
    Thanks for your support friends. In many ways, I am thinking this process of going from an old life to a new life hugely involves team work. Thanks TEAM!
  • New chapter August 16, 2021 | 10:37
    Well I will log on again in a weeks time Nope to smile with admiration at your jubilation of being 3 weeks smoke free,you’ve got this 😊
  • NOPE-2021 August 16, 2021 | 11:15
    Fingers crossed New chapter!!! Thx.
  • NOPE-2021 August 16, 2021 | 19:38
    Fingers crossed New chapter!!! Thx.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW August 16, 2021 | 21:56
    Hi Nope2021, pleased to meet you.
    If you need to cross your fingers, thats ok.
    If you hang upside-down, thats ok too.
    I mean one of my favourite member once said, snorting chicken soup, is ok, if it means you dont smoke, (funny one) r*d.
    I use the mantra NOPE too. Another one i say is.
    I Dont Smoke - NO MATTER WHAT.
    Hang in with it, It's really, really worth it.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast August 17, 2021 | 9:37
    I am so excited for you Nope, especially for conveying your thanks to all of us here, we rarely hear this. Yes I too have been on that merry go round, but this forum was a lifesaver for me. I am glad you worked out its a no brainer, NOPE (not one puff ever). Congratulations on 2 weeks, that's a plus in my book.
  • Percy Verence August 19, 2021 | 6:19
    Nope, that's FANTASTIC!

Keep your foot on the accelerator and don't look back...all this will be in our rear-view mirrors one day!

So proud of you and what you're achieving! *HUG*
  • Percy Verence August 19, 2021 | 22:58
    P.S:

I'm the same as you - I have quit in the past and at some point, I've fallen for the "I could just have one" thinking. My brain has conned me into thinking that I'm so far past addiction, I can have that 'social cigarette' and it won't bother me. This has tripped me up every single time.

So, yes, I totally agree with you - it has to be Not One Puff Ever. I have to keep thinking of cigarettes as Heroin so I can comprehend the stupidity of starting the cycle of addiction all over again.

The good news is we have uncovered 'the bear trap' and we can see it in all it's deceitful and destructive glory. We won't fall for it again - NOPE! x
  • Jessfreeof, Northern NSW August 22, 2021 | 10:06