wtq2016
Western NSW
10/08/2016

Done with the mind games

Posted in Quit experiences 12 Jul 2021

I have been trying to stop smoking for atleast 5 year's now, I am truly over the mind games and want to know how to get the right mindset everyone else seems to find easy?

• matik_one July 12, 2021 | 15:08
    Hi there, you can help yourself with findings strong WHY - I recommend some selfish and private ones - etc. health to be able ...., energy to do ....., time to do ....., money to effort .... . And good trick is to put some higher aim that quit smoking, but without that quiting you are not able to do so.. and take one day at the time, with considering success day if you lighted or not.. start live your life easy - you will have no stress.. :)
  • wtq2016, Western NSW July 12, 2021 | 15:34
    Thanks Matik_one for replying, I just have to get stronger in my mind aswell. I have had three smokes today, tomorrow will be none, no excuses.
  • Happiness July 12, 2021 | 23:20
    Remember and realize that you will not be missing out on anything, but gaining freedom of choice. Nicotine ruled for years. It took our health , wealth and confidence. It gave us nothing. It did nothing. We were addicts, only legal.

We got hooked and then believed that quitting was hard. Heard that people craved for years. Yes, a thought may pop up even then, but not a craving like in the beginning. Even those are manageable thoughts, turn your mind to another task. We are stronger than nicotine. We made excuses to smoke because we feared quitting, feared that we could not.

Think positive! We can quit smoking!
  • Happiness July 12, 2021 | 23:25
    Read and Learn. Click on my name and get a free e-book by Allan Carr. He is the master of gaining the mindset. No excuses, it's free, easy to read and works! My story called Given up, Giving Up? Try This, may be of help too.
  • Safe2017 July 13, 2021 | 2:13
    Hi there . Your desire to quit must be greater than your desire to smoke. NOPE - not one puff ever, because one puff leads to one more and before you know it you are back to being a full blown addiction. There is no room for negotiation with your addiction. It's all or nothing. Chewing gum, eating carrots , long walks helped me. Good luck
  • softly40, Mid North Coast July 13, 2021 | 9:52
    Welcome and please know mind games are not games, the main criteria for having success and keeping it there is to list your top reasons, and remain true to them, repeat often daily a mantra that fits you - Mine is NOPE (not one puff ever) develop a strong belief in yourself, without blaming yourself, and understand the drug "Nicotine" and how it keeps you hooked, reward yourself with small gifts along the way, or give others a gift along the way.

Put your money aside in another bank was the key for me. You can develop your new lifestyle and bring happiness into your home each day, if you give thanks for one small thing that brought you joy every night. This is not a trivial game.
  • MyNewLife July 18, 2021 | 7:39
    I'm in the beginning of my journey so I probably am not the one to give advise. However, I tried to look at the most horrid pictures of what smoking can do including this site: https://www.facebook.com/sothisisfitness/videos/783935208463229/
    I'm struggling today, but I know it's one day at a time. Good luck, try hard to just STOP smoking. Just say no!