WendyOhNo
23/09/2016

Five months shy of five years!

Posted in Quit experiences 24 Mar 2021

Hi Everyone! I wanted to touch base to let you know that I’m still 100% quit. I’m only 5 months away from 5 years. For those who are new to quitting, it does get easier. The day is coming very soon for you that you will only think about smoking once every few months (if then). It took a while for me to get my life back on track after quitting but even when chronic illness, I managed to get a job (in the middle of a pandemic at that!). If I can be a help to anyone - or if I can answer any questions, please leave me a note here! All the best!

• Safe2017 March 24, 2021 | 7:14
    That's awesome. Congrats
  • Safe2017 March 24, 2021 | 7:48
    That's awesome. Congrats
  • Red-67 March 24, 2021 | 8:12
    Hey Wendy :)
    Good to hear from you. It's been a while.
    I agree,, We are no longer smokers, or addicts :)
    I do look forward to my, after dinner, bourbon, every day ??
    Should I be worried ? LOL
  • Red-67 March 24, 2021 | 8:29
    OH, and I am only 11 months shy of 5 years. LOL
  • Happiness March 24, 2021 | 9:02
    Great hearing from you Wendy. It is important to confirm that these "cravings" or thoughts are seldom and far between. We are not bothered by things in our past. Yes we DO remain addicts. There are social drinkers, but have you ever heard of s social smoker? The reaction to re introducing nicotine is not worth the risk. Even in the right mindset, I would not tempt fate. Life as a on smoker is too good!
    I would like new people to embrace the journey rather than fear it. It truly makes all the difference.

Change you mind and change your future!
  • Red-67 March 24, 2021 | 10:00
    Wendy has stated, as do I, we WERE addicts. We do NOT have to remain addicts. I WAS addicted to smoking, and yes, nicotine, but that's history now.
  • Swapnil March 24, 2021 | 17:30
    Thank you Wendy for sharing. You are about to complete smoke free 5 years and you have shared 48 stories. I am goint read all of them.
  • Swapnil March 24, 2021 | 17:30
  • Serganz March 24, 2021 | 20:01
    Inspiring Wendy, well done
  • softly40, Mid North Coast March 25, 2021 | 8:48
    Congratulations Wendy, great job
  • Lia March 29, 2021 | 0:26
    Congratulations WendyOhNo. You are a "familiar Face" from oh so long ago. Always good to hear from those who are still succeeding and in it for the long haul. Enjoy the ride.
  • Lia March 29, 2021 | 0:26