DAB57
7/09/2018

Hello everyone. Sorry for my long absence.

Posted in Quit experiences 21 Oct 2020

To all my friends on this site and to all who have given up the nicotine drug more recently whom I have not had the chance to say hello to, HELLO! I would also like to send a very special hello to Happiness! Tomorrow, I have been smoke free now for 2 years and 4 months. I have not had one slip which I am grateful for and I have to say that this forum was a very important part of my quit. To all of those who are newer to the quit and feeling the withdrawals, just hang in there and know that they will pass. Before you know it you will come through the other end and not even think about smokes. The withdrawals are different for everybody in so far as severity, some have more intense experiences than others. I would like to say to everyone that the withdrawals do come to and end and they won't kill you but smoking quite possibly will!!! My tip is to embrace the pain of withdrawals and view them as a positive. That you are winning the battle. You will survive and come out the other side, the pain will ease and eventually you will no longer have any withdrawals, smoking will be a distant memory.

P.S Chwoe is a troll..She/he should be removed by the administrators. I will not respond to her/his posts as I refuse to give this person oxygen! I would suggest that all authentic posters ignore the Obnoxious, Rude and Narcissistic comments of this troll!

• FAISAL AZEEM October 21, 2020 | 21:54
    Hi DAB57, Welcomeback & Thanks for such motivations. :)
  • DAB57 October 21, 2020 | 22:58
    Thanks so much FAISAL AZEEM. It seems you have reached the two month milestone. That is a great achievement. I remember when I reached two months, I was very proud of myself as a non smoker. Do you congratulate yourself with milestones i.e. a nice cake or something you love. It is great to reward ourselves, we deserve it. Welcome to the non smoking club!
  • New chapter October 21, 2020 | 23:33
    Hello Dabs57 congratulations on your 2 Year achievement it’s amazing,my names Steve and I stopped on august 2nd,so I’m approaching 3 months stopped,I don’t know how many days as I don’t count them,I stopped cold turkey and am proud to say I’ve had no slipups,I feel totally over nicotine now and will never smoke again,I will be so proud when I reach 2 years.people like you and happiness are truly inspiring to me,thank you for posting your story😀👌
    Reguards
    Steve
  • DAB57 October 21, 2020 | 23:53
    Thanks so much Steve. You have hit a great milestone of 3 months quit and cold turkey as well. I also quit cold turkey. Some people find it hard to quit cold turkey so I am grateful that I was able to go that route, as I am sure you are. At the end of the day though, it doesn't matter how we quit, what matters is that we do. It is great that you too have had no slip ups, and that you are now at the point where you know you will never smoke again. I am glad that I can be of some support to you, and I know Happiness will feel the same. Trust me, the two year mark will come upon you before you know it. Again congratulations on your 3 month quit. It is an excellent milestone and you should give yourself a reward. Out of the money you have saved from not smoking, buy yourself something nice, you deserve it! Well done!
  • DAB57 October 21, 2020 | 23:54
  • Happiness October 22, 2020 | 0:21
    Hi Dabs. I see your comments here and there but it is still so nice for you to post and let us know how you are surviving as a non smoker. Life is great as a non-smoker, and hubby and I just laugh at the occasional thought that should pop into our head. No way are we going back ....why would we.?

Congratulations on your two years and I am right behind you and hope I won't ever catch up ! The longer, the easier is my experience from others. I also believe that staying in touch with this forum keeps us from any temptation. I may not be so lucky if i had to do it again. I admire those who stick it out despite the discomforts and the slips, but i wouldn't want to be them. I am so glad if I am of help to them on their journeys , just as you Dabs, were an inspiration to me.

I have the time being retired to spend on this site. I also learned that learning and doing things that make you happy raise your dopamine. This is how i raise mine. Hope you are well and happy Dabs.....write again soon.
  • New chapter October 22, 2020 | 1:03
    Thank you for the kind reply Dabs😀it’s not 3 months for me until the 2nd of the new month but to celebrate me reaching it I’m going to buy myself some new running shoes😀,have a fantastic smoke free day
  • softly40, Mid North Coast October 22, 2020 | 8:14
    Hello again Dab thanks for dropping by and helping others who may be feeling they might not make it. This site has truly been an inspiration to me also. As long as we stick together NOPE (not one puff ever)
  • DAB57 October 27, 2020 | 21:59
    Thanks so much Happiness my dear long time post friend I love how you support everyone and give so much of yourself to help others through. you are a very warm and loving person and may love and light be with you always. I know you have had some health issues and am so happy you came through the other end. You are a very strong person. Thanks again!
  • DAB57 October 27, 2020 | 22:06
    Thanks softly40 it's always so nice when i do pop in that i still see you are on board. It is great to hear from all of you. you are right NOPE! that is the only way to live. I don't even think of or miss the nasty things at all. That might have something to do with going into my 3rd year now. I really can't believe i said that it sounds impossible as it seems like it was not long ago i started my quit, but 2 years and 4 months and 5 days later, i would never have believed I would have got here. But I did and everyone on this forum can and will get here and further. Continued health to you in your non-smoking life.