vincent
8/09/2020

Didn't think I could do it

Posted in Quit experiences 20 Oct 2020

My story is I was heavily addicted to nicotine and despite so many half successful attempts to quit I just couldn't do it. Conway I was depressed was an understatement- there were some very dark times.

I started to take champix, and had all the usual side effects. It took me four weeks taking champix before I could quit. But then to my amazement I quit. Took the champix for another two weeks, then stopped and it's been over another two weeks now. I can't believe how effective this drug is. It's changed my life and I have hope again.

Thank you to all the people who supported me on here, it was so nice to feel you were there for me.

I hope my story serves as inspiration to others.

• Happiness October 20, 2020 | 19:25
    Congratulation on your total success this time Vincent. We know we are non-smokers and not just abstainers once we accept that status in our hearts and minds. Champix only helps get over the nicotine addiction more easily, but the psychological acceptance is the hurdle we need to approach at the right angle. That is why understanding yourself and nicotine is important. You will not crave something that you no longer desire. We are stronger than the tobacco companies would like us to believe. We can change our minds and change our futures.
    Stay strong. Stay free. Believe.

• Robn October 20, 2020 | 19:25
    Well done Vincent, so pleased for you that you are now a non smoker. Stay strong and focused, this new life is worth it
  • New chapter October 20, 2020 | 23:06
    Hi Vincent ,life without cigarettes is so much more fulfilling than being owned by the nicotine addictiction don’t you think,totally in control of your own life,not just living it in between smoking to feed the ruler nicotine,were healthier and wealthier,congratulations and good luck going forward with your smoke free life
    Reguards
    Steve
  • DAB57 October 21, 2020 | 23:21
    Hi Vincent. We are all with you on your quit smoking journey. You sound determined and that is a very positive way to be. Well done on your over two week quit. Health and happiness to you!
  • DAB57 October 21, 2020 | 23:34
  • Hmali October 26, 2020 | 23:35
    Thanks for giving me hope Vincent. I’m on day 2 of champix and it’s my third try so hoping it’s a charm!