Oscar Curiel
Story
29/09/2020

80 Days without Nicotine

Posted in Staying quit 30 Sep 2020

Hi I have 80 days without smoking nicotine and any other form of drugs including alcohol, I had to put my self on a Christian Rehab Center for 18 days, it I wanted to share that it has been a bless, I drank a lots of water in the process, I am feeling lots better, I had gain a few pounds in the process, my family is supporting me more, I do not need extra money meaning that I have money always I am spending a lot less, Craving is not an issue, I feel more energetic, I am doing 30 excercise (Running and Walking) in the Morning, I am not Gaming anymor (PC Games) I am 41 Year old Male living in Dominican Republic, I do Graphic design, and the only thing that I am kind of battle is all the Ideas and Energy that my mind has now, I need to settle down and take a few of them because too much will harm my mind and will stress me, I pray at least 2 time per day and I go to church once a week. Thank you for hearing my Quitting Smoking Story, by the way I had 22 years smoking Cigarette's.

• Happiness September 30, 2020 | 4:22
    Sounds like you have a good grip on your quit of all sorts. Good for you. We can quit when we WANT to. Money is only one one of the many reasons to claim our lives back. Congratulations on your 80 days smoke-free.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast September 30, 2020 | 7:36
    Welcome Oscar and congratulations on 80 days free from Nicotine (smoking).

It seems as if you have used all your strategies to enhance other parts of your life, this is the beauty of getting over one object and then you can apply this to another goal. As said before Money is not the only goal, our reasons are various and varied. For me it was the money as I was retiring, later on it became a much deeper reason (ie to improve my life for the better).

I have been an Art and Design teacher for many many years, and now am still a practising Artist, this has given me much pleasure, much agony, and much more knowledge of myself than before. I will continue to grow as others on this site will also grow, so please feel free to post again and your ideas can also be put to good use.
  • Oscar Curiel September 30, 2020 | 7:45
    Great to know, yes actually the money was part of the issue, is my health that is on the line, and now I feel like that I am doing the right thing for me, My kid, My Wife and my Family, I am now restarting my Health and it Feels Great!! thank you for all your kind reply. O.C.
  • Robn September 30, 2020 | 11:51
    Fantastic story Oscar, you have taken control of your life back....what a wonderful feeling. Continue to be the master of your life and and steer your life as you wish it to be....happy,healthy and fulfilled
  • Robn September 30, 2020 | 11:51
  • jessfreeof, Northern NSW September 30, 2020 | 18:11
    Congrats to you Oscar what a difference your life must be now. I too pray and tobacco has been the last to go. I use to have a head that use to send me nuts than a friend suggested that I have a God box. Its just a shoe box or a basket or a lunch box and I sat it on my table with a pen and note pad next to it and whenever my head would start going off about something I would write it on the paper screw it up and pop it into my God box it really helped with my head me a lot. Thank you for sharing your story