Nailing it
19/08/2020

Two weeks and a bit down

Posted in Staying quit 02 Sep 2020

I am 16 days into my quit journey and feeling fab! As previously stated I have smoked for 20 years and only quit temporarily for a few months, or during pregnancies.

Today I told my “smoking buddies” that I have joined this site and I will not take up smoking again when this baby is born and I found this really helped me cement that this time it is for good!

I absolutely love the internal feeling of being in control of the addiction this time rather than me just waiting for the baby to be born so I can start smoking again, with that coffee, to have a break. I have started taking my herbal teas outside in the morning and taking that break; but making new memories and experiences by not having the filthy disgusting smell and inhale of smoke. I feel so much shame for allowing myself to smell that disgusting for my son, but forgiveness is key.

Onwards and upwards everyone! The 16 days has honestly gone so quickly, I am going to come back and journal here again at 3 months! That was my other “hardest” milestone.

We all have got this if we believe in ourselves. Thanks for sharing your stories. :)

• Happiness September 02, 2020 | 22:32
    Your title is a bit misleading. You are not down in spirit, just a couple of extra days past that 2 week milestone. Congratulations! You have done it! You are a non-smoker. There is no specific time other than when you have had your last puff,, but knowing your will always be a non-smoker starts with the belief within yourself. You believe because that is what you truly WANT.

This time is not like the other where you only chose to ABSTAIN through the pregnancy. That may or may not have been difficult. During pregnancy I got nauseous. But I looked forward to when I could smoke again. Had I understood then how addicted I had been and knew what I now know about nicotine, how much it ultimately cost me both money and healthwise, I would definitely have quit.

Good habits are productive. Since my stroke I have changed my lifestyle. I now walk everyday and have come to miss it when I do not. My diet has allowed me to lose 25 lbs but I never feel hungry. It is about making better choices. Quitting smoking may also take some discipline in the beginning, but when we start seeing results, we realize it does "pay off" and that those initial hardships are temporary, we prevail.

Mindset is everything. You have made your mind up not to start smoking again after the baby is born. You regret having smoked. You look forward to being a non-smoker for yourself and family. You acknowledge the benefits. Well Done! You have stopped the vicious cycle, stopped being duped and taken back your life.
    YOU HAVE STOPPED MAKING EXCUSES!
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW September 03, 2020 | 21:23
    WoW, Thats laying the law of addiction down . Its fair and square!
    I was going to appease your slight hesitation or pause from your smoking buddies and your smoking habit,. and stick up for you?
    BUT, reading properly through Happiness's comment's, I feel she is right again. Take her gruff advice please. Its the best advice you'll/ we will get for a long time on this site. She knows from experience and her age.
    Its so much better to never having to think of buying smokes before the shop shuts!
    If you re-start to smoke again? You will be very very much dis-advantaged.
    Please listen to your elders. They have wisdom, through experience.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW September 03, 2020 | 21:42
    Having re-read your story again. I truly believe you will never pick up another smoke. Not One Puff Ever!

Thats how specific it has to be.

Its not rocket science to remain free of the addiction.

I agree with happiness.

We all have to make the decision.
    And
    Make it permanent.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW September 03, 2020 | 22:12
    are you Hoping? Are you short ? Helpless? or just simply hanging around for a dragg on another stupid n costly stinking cigarette as soon as you deliver another baby?
    your title name is a little confusing. I again agree with Happiness! OMG. lol
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW September 03, 2020 | 22:21
    Would it be possible to shorten Your Title Name?
    Some people have said it's confusing.
    I can't read your full Name
    Great effort at 17 days!
  • Happiness September 03, 2020 | 22:50
    I am sorry if anyone, like Puff thinks i came across "a little gruff". I totally admire how you have changed your way of thinking and even believe strongly enough in yourself to tell others that you will not be smoking ever again. That kind of statement is kind of an embarrassment if you fail, so may well hold you fast in times of weakness. I know that with the right attitude you can do this.

When I comment it may sometimes be a personal reply, but many times it is just to make a point in general which might help someone else. I think you are doing terrific, keep up the good work and attitude.
  • Happiness September 03, 2020 | 22:55
    btw. .... 2 weeks and a bit down.... was the title I referred to not your name. One might assume you were feeling blue. Your first line said how fab you felt. Awesome.
    of course you referred to 16 day..... 2 weeks and a bit under your belt.
    Positive thoughts bring positive results.

P
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW September 03, 2020 | 23:05
    I agree with you again Happ. ,If she fails she is right? If she succeeds? she is right too.
    Its an embarrassment of rich's we have with our ENGLISH language!
    I dont believe the Hispanic language have such complexity or so many meaning's with the lingo?
    Put another PRAWN on ya barby!
    See ya next weekend and good going hopful.not.................?
  • Nailing it September 04, 2020 | 5:39
    I think perhaps everyone uses this site for whatever reasons that work for them. Don’t read into my stories too much everyone, it’s my stories, my journey, the meaning for me.
    Have a great day.

• jessfreeof, Northern NSW September 04, 2020 | 6:39
    What a beautiful share. Enjoy your herbal teas in the fresh spring air as your baby grows inside a happy joyous and free mother. No doubt your son would be loving having a mum that is smoke free and all that comes with that. Your inner strength and joy is contagious thank you for sharing it.
  • jessfreeof, Northern NSW September 04, 2020 | 6:39
  • jessfreeof, Northern NSW September 04, 2020 | 6:39
  • jessfreeof, Northern NSW September 04, 2020 | 6:41
    Apologies for the triple up my mistake
  • Happiness September 05, 2020 | 13:36
    I think many can relate to you , and you are living up to your name and "nailing it". While you may write for your own needs, Nicotine addiction or physical cravings are only the tip of the iceverg. The mental acceptance also needs to adopted. You are learning , hopeful and positive. Do you find the forum to have made any significant difference? Do you now feel that this time is different than the other many times you may have tried to quit?
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW September 10, 2020 | 23:48
    hoping all is ok.
    nailing the old addiction?
    Its not easy. ups and down happen.
    Just want the best for you girls up north!
    Puff
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW September 22, 2020 | 18:21
    Hi
    How's it going?
    Any success?
  • Nailing it September 23, 2020 | 22:24
    Hey Puff no More, still going strong 💪🏼. Super excited to post my 3 months, one hard thing is blue sky days, massive triggers for me, so have to garden more and walk more to overcome the drain :))