MelC81
Story
19/07/2020

Finally Ready-For GOOD!

Posted in Getting started 20 Jul 2020

I am 39 years old... I have been smoking since my teens. I've "attempted" to quit a few times but never made it past a few days. My heart wasn't in it. I wasn't quitting because I wanted to. But now I am! And I WILL succeed! Cigarettes have controlled me for too long. Now I control myself! I'm tired of waking up and reaching for them before I've even opened my eyes. I'm tired of smelling so horrible. I'm tired of FEELING so cruddy. I'm ready to be able to play with my children without being short of breath. I'm ready to go and do things without the thought, 'Is there anywhere to smoke?'. I know this probably seems like an angry post... The truth is that I am angry! I've let cigarettes run things for far too long. Move over! It's my turn to run my life!

P.S. I am not an angry person. Lol! I'm very happy and loving. I just want cigarettes out of my life for good! My quit date is July 21st.

• Happiness July 20, 2020 | 4:38
    You Go MelC81. Wanting to quit makes all the difference. This round you've got it! We are to to support you and cheer you on. It is great getting back the control of our time, energy and resources.
  • Sandydee July 20, 2020 | 11:31
    Hi sweetie I’ve been just over 4 years now smoke free it was the hardest challenge I’ve ever had but coming out the other end is the happiest I have ever been .. if at first you don’t succeed try again I just kept trying until I was like I can’t keep putting my body through these agonising first few days so I sat with a cup of coffee and thoroughly enjoyed 4 cigarettes with it I haven’t even had a puff since ... I walked everytime things got bad I walked and walked and I slept a lot as well do whatever it takes for you hope this helps you
  • Alanasea July 20, 2020 | 12:43
    You got this, dude!
  • Rodderz, South Western Sydney July 20, 2020 | 13:03
    Good luck !!! You’ve said exactly how I feel !!! Today is my quit date ! Best of luck you / we can do this !!!
  • Robn July 20, 2020 | 17:24
    Hi Mel....you can do this.....there are people on this forum that have smoked for many many years and they have done it...so can you.
    Believe in yourself and keep reminding yourself why you want to kick the smokes out of your life. Embrace your quit 100%,be happy and excited about it...this is going to change your life for the better. Reward every milestone, no matter how big or small. It is all in the mindset. If you allow yourself too think you are giving something up...you will miss it....instead think to yourself .... I am kicking a nasty, addictive, poisonous, expensive and socially unacceptable habit out of my life...
    You can do this and keep close to this forum for support
  • Robn July 20, 2020 | 17:25
    You can do this and keep close to this forum for support
  • Red-67 July 21, 2020 | 6:53
    You have made a great first step. You are accepting the reality that you have been a slave to a little tube of tobacco. That very thought is what made it easy for me to just NOT WANT them. Not wanting to smoke, is much more powerful than just wanting to quit. Reread your own words, and really believe them. This can be as easy as you make it..