Jonathan0311
26/05/2020

July 1 is 2 months smoke free

Posted in Quit experiences 30 Jun 2020

July 1 will be 2 months smoke free and man this was a really tough ride. My anxiety is sill rough right now . I work out everyday slowly to get back in sharp and it works but I can’t breathe sometimes . I still have shortness of breathe but it feels good to breathe and not wheeze. When does everything gets better ?

• Raqeb88 July 01, 2020 | 2:37
    Same symptoms i m also having bro.. have patience n be positive..its getting better slowly for me as well.. still have short stints of breathless not bad as earlier..july 1 will be two months for me as well
  • Happiness July 01, 2020 | 2:40
    As you yourself wrote before.... Time and Patience. Things will get better . Try to stay positive. Every craving means that you are winning. Nicotine is begging to be fed. You now hold the power!
    Thinking positive thoughts helps to maintain your determination. You can quit smoking!
  • Jonathan0311 July 01, 2020 | 2:54
    Thank you guys . I’m trying everyday to still happy and positive. Shortness of breathe just a scary thing but I no my lungs is healing .
  • softly40, Mid North Coast July 01, 2020 | 9:29
    Hi Jonathan stay true to yourself, mean what you say in your mind. Everyone has different reactions because our bodies are not built the same, I had no trouble with breathing but had lots of anxiety that I can remember. I turned this around in about the third month by putting the blame on the addiction to nicotine and to the suppliers of these weed killers. Eventually you will realize that you have a choice and you are totally in charge of your life NOPE (not one puff ever) no matter what.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW July 02, 2020 | 2:20
    Hi Jonathan0311.
    I have mentioned a few things of my experience throughout MY Quitting process and Anxiety is up the top of my list really. I tend not to mention it, as I try to avoid thinking about it.
    But rather than avoid it, I was prepared to take it HEAD ON from the very start of this Quit. There is all-sorts of ways to reduce stress and anxiety.
    I'm not prepared to list the multitude of ways to methods, sorry.
    But, I read the allen carr book, made a plan, picked the date and no matter what, I stuck to it.
    I'm not going to cave into temptation ever again.
    I have no excuse now.
    Its No matter what, I dont smoke

PS congrates on 2 months, I found it much easier after that time
  • Jonathan0311 July 02, 2020 | 2:31
    Thank you again guys . Anxiety & the shortness of breath are just the problem & trying my best to cough all the Mucus from my throat and lungs. But everything is great keep pushing and staying positive!
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW July 02, 2020 | 2:40
    Yeah. I didnt have phlemy mucusy coughing. I just had my usual clearing of the throat like normal when i smoked. just a irritated tonsil or clearing of the throat. it got less and less as the weeks went by.
    like a ahum thing to clear my throat?
    Its been gone for some months now.