Jayde95
Southern NSW
Story
8/06/2020

Champix for the win

Posted in Getting started 08 Jun 2020

Hey all. I’ve been reading all your stories and searching for positive outcomes from champix as I am experiencing some major mood swings. I have read what I think I already subconsciously knew. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and being a non smoker and choosing to not have that lifestyle anymore was the best decision I’ve ever made and will try my best to stay positive. I struggle when I am down but keeping busy helps as well as telling the people in your life. It’s hard but to anyone who’s struggling - ditto but what’s the alternative?

• Happiness June 08, 2020 | 22:14
    Keep on thinking positive because it sounds like you are doing GREAT Jayde95! While the Champix will assist you in weaning off the cigarettes by taking away the pleasure you once got from smoking. Looking at the act as a silly, expensive time waster and looking to your freedom and better health make the transition easier.

Quit smoking aids are just that . Aids. YOU need to understand how we smokers were drugged and brainwashed, and lost our will to fight back. YOU need to view things in a different light.
    The mindset is to desire to be a non-smoker more than you want to smoke.

The truth makes it easy.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast June 09, 2020 | 8:33
    Welcome Jayde95, There are many alternatives, and this is the time now while you are on Champix to begin to practice moments of happiness into your day, this means you have to identify them and write them down. The other help other than Champix is to give thanks for one small thing in your day which will help you start your day in a better mood, even domestic chores, you will begin to be more contented in your day too.

I had trouble sleeping on Champix that is all and dropped the dose down to one, others have chosen to take the second, early in the evening with food.
    Champix is given with a Script and you need to inform your doctor about your mood swings, this is another alternative if this worries you.

You don't say how long you have been quit which makes it harder to give any other advice. Keep in touch and practice NOPE (not one puff ever) Every day, this helps your brain to maintains your quit, when you eventually give up the Champix.

• Jayde95, Southern NSW June 09, 2020 | 14:33
    Thanks for the support guys :) really appreciate it.

P.s 15 days smoke free
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 09, 2020 | 20:01
    Welcome Jayde95. And as you and me belong in the same neck of the woods (our southern NSW) What a horrible year we've had, between bushfires to floods and the drought before that! Geez.
    15 day's is fantastic, please hold on as after 21 , things get easier for most of us.

R>E>M Hold on buddy
    watch the link .
    I hope it may inspire and help.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 09, 2020 | 20:04
  • Jayde95, Southern NSW June 09, 2020 | 21:21
    Hey! Yeah what a year. Extremely difficult for everyone.

Bring on day 21! Good song ;)
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 11, 2020 | 20:07
    Stay determined and on track.
    When someone offers you to come out for a puff.
    Tell yourself "I DONT SMOKE"
    And
    Say "NO THANKS" under your fresh breath we can think of anything that re-enforces our reason's why we dont smoke.
    And the reason's are all good
  • Kwaaikie June 12, 2020 | 16:01
    I've started using Champix last night. Still have to see how it works with me and my willpower. I'm set to stop smoking. Haven't brought any cigarettes. Praying not to give in.
  • Kwaaikie June 12, 2020 | 16:04
    I've started using Champix last night. Still have to see how it works with me and my willpower. I'm set to stop smoking. Haven't bought any cigarettes. Think it's better to have no temptation lying around?Praying not to give in.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 12, 2020 | 19:01
    Even using Champix, your determination and willingness to Quit tobacco is just as important as using any other Quitting method.
  • Grace Moore June 15, 2020 | 20:08
    I turn to a vampire any time i want to, i become a vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to anybody. At the snack of my finger things are made to happen, am now a powerful man and no one steps on me without an apology. I turn to human beings also at any time i want to, and am one of the most dreaded men in my country. I became a vampire through the help of my friend who introduced me into a vampire kingdom by giving me their email. if you want to become a powerful vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their email worldofvampir[AT]hotmail[DOT]com