Robn
24/07/2017

Want it, embrace it

Posted in Hints and tips 03 Jun 2020

Hi All, I am 756 days quit today....yay.

I have learnt many things through all of those days. We are stronger than we give ourselves credit for. If we really want something we can and do make it happen...quitting is exactly the same. Wanting to quit and making it happen is within us all.

As in life...don’t focus on the negatives...focus on the positives. Being a non smoker is full of positives and there are no negatives. You can all beat this addiction...you just have to want to make it happen....be happy and embrace your new healthy life because it is what you want

• Happiness June 03, 2020 | 12:50
    Way to go Robyn. You are another member that I will never catch up to, but I will always enjoy my life as a non-smoker. I embraced the concept and am enjoying the rewards. You are a true supporter of the cause of quitting smoking and an inspiration to us all. You also, Knowing it is not just counting the days but a true acceptance of the change which makes some of us free in a very short time. I am glad you are enjoying your freedom, health and wealth.
  • Robn June 03, 2020 | 14:19
    Thank you Happiness, wouldn’t it be great if everyone who wants to quit could fast forward to the future.....but alas we all have to earn our freedom. All it takes is the commitment that they had to stay smoking transferred to not smoking.
    I think some make their quit harder than it needs to be by analysing every detail....just do it and be free xx
  • Robn June 03, 2020 | 14:20
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 04, 2020 | 11:24
    Couldn't agree more! So many of us make Quitting harder by fixating on Why am I, Whats this, What the, How come, How much, If only, How Hard, I hope everybody can get my drift here? And at some stages of our lives all of us can self think like this.
    BUT, regardless of how we think and process information. We all can make Quitting a little easier with a few tips.
    Truly want to Quit and really believe that you can and will.
    Unwavering commitment to stay off them NO MATTER WHAT.
    Be absolutely certain of knowing when you've had your final PUFF.
    Just a little input and to thank Robn for her sensible approach , support and suggestions over many years.
    Congratulations Robn.

• Robn June 04, 2020 | 17:18
    Thank you PuffNoMore, sometimes I think people downplay how much committment it took to continue smoking....all the people who had a go at you for being stupid, wasting your money, damaging your health etc. if you had the committment to smoke regardless, then you have the committment to stop. None of this is rocket science, it is pretty simple.
    There is nothing positive about smoking, no matter what you choose to believe, start believing in yourself, loving yourself and respecting yourself...life instantly becomes so much better on all levels.
  • Robn June 04, 2020 | 17:18
  • Nuts June 04, 2020 | 17:48
    Well done Robyn. You should be so proud. Being smoke free is fantastic
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 04, 2020 | 18:50
    So true. Like you say, the level of commitment required to keep affording to buy ya way through an addiction to nicotine or a smoking habit is astonishing now!
    You're probably right that there is nothing positive in smoking and we know for certain that it is stupid:)
  • Robn June 04, 2020 | 18:56
    Thank you Nuts......we all should be proud....those who have beaten it and those who are trying.
    Smoke free living is awesome
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 04, 2020 | 19:07
    I think one's SELF BELIEF and WANT to Quit is the MINDSET

BUT

Who care's what it's called,

as long as it works!

any quit is a good one,

It is better than smoking, in my opinion.

all the best to everyone on your journey.
  • Safe2017 June 05, 2020 | 2:07
    Well done Robn, congrats. Anything is possible and you are a living proof.
  • Red-67 June 06, 2020 | 7:12
    Hey Robn !! :)
    I have been out of town for work, so I just saw your post :)
    You are absolutely right. It seems that most make quitting MUCH harder than it has to be. It's all in your frame of mind. You rock !! :)
  • Robn June 06, 2020 | 9:50
    Thanks Safe and Red....we have all changed our mindset, from thinking smoking was vital to a happy life, to knowing it indeed made our lives miserable. The money, time, inconvenience it took to maintain our addiction was such a waste and once free we see it for what it truly was. There would not be one of us that would go back to those days.....
    I hope all new quitters use the KISS method.....Keep It Simple Stupid. Stay well everyone and happy x
  • Robn June 06, 2020 | 9:51