murph09
Central Coast
Story
13/03/2020

I stopped for eight weeks

Posted in Quit experiences 13 Mar 2020

I really have no hint or tip. All I can say is I was in hospital for eight weeks, did not smoke, and did not miss it - I really thought I was over it. When I got home, I lasted a week then started again. Now I smoke 2 per day - what happened?

• Aniruddha March 13, 2020 | 21:46
    All I can say is you missed an opportunity to make a forced break from smoking count. This is exactly how I quit smoking. I went on a vacation with my son and for 10 days I did not get an opportunity to smoke. When I came back home, I decided to quit. And its been 590 days today of staying quit.

I hope you consider quitting knowing that you can stay without them for 9 weeks
  • Lia March 13, 2020 | 22:23
    Try NOPE, not one puff ever...
  • Happiness March 14, 2020 | 2:28
    You may have quit smoking via the patch while sick and time concentrating on recovery but no aid can do it alone. Ridding ourselves of nicotine is the first step but our minds have to be debriefed of how we initially came to depend on cigarettes. Learning how it did nothing for us Helps to let it go. Understanding how we were drugged and addicted to smoking can outrage us into fighting back. Stop letting tobacco companies fleece us of our cash and of pharmaceutical companies standing by to get rich on our suffering. We can gain back control. Stay close to the forum and know you can be a non-smoke. Read Allan Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking by clicking on my name and story.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast March 14, 2020 | 9:47
    You want to know what happened, well here it is in a nutshell:- You couldn't do anything about the situation at hospital, and you accepted this. When you got home however, the old patterns swung into action and you had a choice - to smoke or not to smoke. You chose to smoke. So who needs fixing, your mind of course. You have to Want to quit not be forced to quit. So try to Want it with all your heart and mind and your health will be in your own hands your choices are clear. Forever wanting a puff, or not wanting one puff ever.
  • Robn March 14, 2020 | 10:59
    Well said Softly......
    There is a huge difference between stopping and quitting. Mindset is everything x
  • Robn March 14, 2020 | 10:59
    Well said Softly......
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW March 14, 2020 | 11:15
    That's exactly what has happened.
    Forever wanting a Puff, is,( different to), Not wanting one Puff Ever.
    DEBATE............................MIND.......................NO DEBATE.
  • Nuts March 14, 2020 | 12:42
    If you are only having 2 a day, it should be easy to quit with positive thinking. Stop now before 2 becomes more. If you really really want to quit you will
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW March 15, 2020 | 0:41
    Just adding some conclusive clarification on my above comment. Even if almost everyone comes here in the hope of Quitting the cigarettes.
    The thing is:
    Doubt and fear and choice V No choice, no debate, no fear & no doubt.
    can create temptations,,,,,,,V,,,, Temptation situations eliminated.

Others can explain it too, but thats my take on choice. make the choice final.

I dont smoke under ANY circumstances, I have no choice , therefore no conflict in my mind. Quitting is easier this way.

Find any way possible to convince your mind of this MINDSET

Make it final.

go for it.
    Rather than thinking of it as some sufferable deprivational act.