Jenny f
Nepean Blue Mountains
Story
26/01/2020

I love my man and he hates smokers

Posted in Reasons to quit 27 Jan 2020

Hi all

How do I get started? first day of not smoking and it scared to start, I know I want to give up. I’m sick of hiding to have a smoke I’m scared of my partner smelling it on me, I’m scared that this may ruin my relationship as I’m not being affectionate because I’m worried that he will smell cigarette on me well on my breath

• Sezzie85, Nepean Blue Mountains January 27, 2020 | 10:27
    Find the biggest reason and use it, make it your rock to quit... Maybe speak with your man and aak him for help, having a team behind you helps... You have team here but he is more physical
  • Jenny f, Nepean Blue Mountains January 27, 2020 | 10:32
    Thank you for your advice it is helped I am would love to speak to my partner about this issue that he has no clue that I smoke as he hates it I have already given up for four years but started again 14 months ago due to stress and a really horrible time I’m still going through this and this is what worries me about quitting
  • Red-67 January 27, 2020 | 10:50
    There is nothing to be scared of. Smoking is doing nothing good for you. We all can deal with whatever life throws at us, without a smoke. It's strange to me, because I never saw my smoking as an escape, or stress relief. I was just under the addiction illusion that I smoked because I wanted to and I liked it. I would be surprised, if he really does not know. A non-smoker can smell the slightest hints, in your clothes, and hair, not just your breath. But, to succeed, you must do it for yourself. Quit, because you no longer want to be a slave to a cigarette. They give you nothing, and take your health, time, and money.. I was a blind, stupid, slave to them for 45+ years, before I opened my eyes to the truth, and wanted to quit. Don't wait.. Do it now, set yourself free. You will be glad you did.. :)
    I used to get aggravated when someone would complain about the smell. Now I can understand. I can smell a smoker, in a passing car, a block away. And it is not pleasant. I know now, how I smelled, most of my adult life, and I'm ashamed of how long it took me to see the light. You can quit. Just do it because you can, and you want it. Make a smoke something you never WANT again, not something you can't have, or have to give up. You will be giving up NOTHING, and gaining your freedom...
  • Nuts January 27, 2020 | 12:16
    Of course he knows you smoke. You can smell it a mile away. He chooses not to say anything. He must really love you, so quit for him. And for yourself. When you quit you wont have to worry or feel guilty anymore. There is no need to be scared. Just be determined and you will do it. Trust me, it is worth it 👍💕
  • jenno211058 January 27, 2020 | 13:27
    When you decide to give up the False Friends, your smell sense becomes acuter and you can really start to smell things alot better.
    Your Other Half can smell that you have had a smoke or been with a smoker..
    Good luck on your Quit Journey.
  • Jill67 January 28, 2020 | 0:14
    I would much rather wrap my arms around a loving human being then my hand around a cancer stick! Don’t pick one up again and you’re on your way! You can DO this!!
  • Pisces24, Central Coast January 28, 2020 | 10:39
    I too was a wardrobe smoker. My husband hates smoking with a fierce passion. I was sick of sneaking around covering up my smoking for 40 years! What a fool. I think I smoked to be defiant and told myself I liked it. Come to think of it some cigarettes were truly enjoyable but the whole habit is disgusting. I have a lifetime of regrets🐟