OraH
Story
14/01/2020

Keep your mind busy

Posted in Quit experiences 15 Jan 2020

I was a heavy smoker for a looong time 2 packs a day I've tried for a few times to quit, but unsuccessfully, and I realized my approach was wrong. I am a truck driver, and it's was absolutely impossible to replace the smoking with anything else while i was doing my job, so...i chose a day to start, I bought a few good PS games And i locked in my room for at least 4 days. My wife understood me and she was on my side helping me. It was much easier to resist while my mind was busy. After 4 day it was easier. I've quit the coffee to because i always associated this 2 habits. Now after 40 days i wonder "why was so hard before and why was so easy this time?"

It was hard because before i didn't change anything in my everyday activities and all the routine was the same but without my precious cigarette. So....try to do something else, something to keep your mind busy watch movies, do a project, play, do anything to keep you distracted from smoking. GOOD LUCK

• Pisces24, Central Coast January 15, 2020 | 11:41
    Congratulations. Day 42 for me!
    Just goes to show you how powerful the mind is🐟
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW January 15, 2020 | 12:43
    Wow, Pices your days free of smokes are adding up!

And hello oraH. Well done 40 DAYS. I think most of us agree that after 2 to four days things get alot easier. Day by day.
  • Happiness January 15, 2020 | 15:02
    👍👍👍
  • Lando, Hunter New England January 17, 2020 | 13:00
    40 days cold turkey from 2 packs a day is amazing! Congrats. That's not just a good news story.....it's a GREAT news story.
  • DAB57 January 18, 2020 | 23:08
    OraH, congratulations on your quit. 40 days is an excellent milestone. Well done.
  • Nuts January 19, 2020 | 10:57
    Hi OraH. Congrats on your quit journey so far. You are going great. I think that its easier for you this time because you made up your mind, that its time to quit. You have the right mindset now and that is the key. You have opened the quit door and stepped through it. Well done. I am really proud of you. Count the positives and you wont want to go back. Stay strong. The worst is behind you 💕