Jill67
27/12/2019

14 days nicotine free

Posted in Staying quit 12 Jan 2020

This is a milestone for me. I rang in my birthday yesterday as a non smoker and I was proud of me! I don’t really have cravings...just thoughts now...if I romanticize the one cigarette or allow myself to fixate on smoking, it will make me crazy. I just stick to deep breaths and keep moving for now. I appreciate everyones’ Stories and support. I am cautiously optimistic that it is my time to be successful so thank you all and I will not smoke with you today🤗

• Happiness January 12, 2020 | 1:59
    One day at a time will get you there Jill67. There is nothing to argue about in your head, your decision has been made so that all you need to do is ignore it and go on with the important things in life. Remember to embrace this journey as an opportunity . You are freeing yourself from the bondage of nicotine. You are doing an awesome job of showing who is the boss!
  • Jill67 January 12, 2020 | 3:19
    Thank you Happiness!! I appreciate your support and great advice!!
  • Leeann , Central Coast January 12, 2020 | 7:56
    Go you Jill67, you should be proud of yourself, you are taking back control. Day 8 for me today and I am stoked to, to be on this journey. It really is mind over matter, if you don't give cigarettes any attention (the thoughts I mean) I choose to just dismiss them quickly and redirect my attention they have no power over you. Keep going strong, you are doing AMAZING!!!😊👍
  • Pisces24, Central Coast January 12, 2020 | 9:58
    Good on you JILL!
    My birthday soon will be my first in 47 years without a cigarette.
    Never too late to change🐟
  • Robn January 12, 2020 | 10:46
    Hi Jill, awesome job. Don’t be cautiously optimistic, be definite. You can and will be successful...one day at a time. Before you know it, you won’t be counting days or weeks, you will be into months, then years.if you want it....you can have it. Stay strong and determined....happy days x
  • Nuts January 12, 2020 | 14:48
    Hi Jill. You are doing really well. 14 days is fantastic. You are over the worst and they are just thoughts now. Not cravings. Because they are just thoughts you can think of something else. Think happy thoughts. You are strong and the winner 💕
  • Jill67 January 13, 2020 | 0:07
    Thanks Everyone!! I reread your comments for support! I appreciate all of you taking the time to write to me! Have a wonderful nicotine free day☺️
  • softly40, Mid North Coast January 13, 2020 | 8:31
    Way to go Jill67, what a great way to celebrate those milestones without the cigarette in our mouths sabotaging our own happiness.
  • Wazza58 January 14, 2020 | 20:30
    Well done Jill67. Before you know it those 14 days will turn into months, then a year and you'll think back wondering why you ever did it. Been 16 months now since I quit cold turkey, feel better health wise and the money saved is fantastic. Keep up the good work.