collins101
8/12/2018

Need to stop any help

Posted in Reasons to quit 28 Jul 2019

Any help I need to stop. Tips etc

• Robn July 28, 2019 | 10:37
    Hi Collins101,
    The best tip I can give you is to embrace your quit. Don’t fear it or feel like you are depriving yourself of anything good.
    With a positive mindset you can do this far more easily. Look forward to the next day as it is one day closer to getting the monkey off your back...go for lots of walks and get into a hobby that you really enjoy it helps to get you through. I smoked for 48 years and I am now just over a year quit. I can honestly say I don’t miss them at all and can’t believe I was a slave to that disgusting, expensive and socially unacceptable habit. Once free you will be so excited about your new way of life. Stay focused and positive....you can do this.
  • collins101 , Southern NSW July 28, 2019 | 10:51
    Thankyou, What a great story, Great tips
  • FreshAirOK, Hunter New England July 28, 2019 | 11:25
    Best tip I can give you is to shake up your routine to reduce your triggers to smoke. Change where you sit or if you can't do that put a throw or a towel over your chair, drink your tea or coffee out of a different cup or mug, and change your morning routine if you used to smoke early in the day. Distract yourself when you have a thought to smoke, go for a walk, clean your teeth or just do something different. Stopping smoking doesn't have to be hard just embrace it as a healthy new life. Keep reading the posts on this forum and learn all you can. You can do this.
  • Safe2017 July 28, 2019 | 13:21
    Get some chewing gum and sun flower seeds. Helped me. But your mindset is the key cause your desire to quit must exceed your want to smoke. Robn’s and FreshAirOk’s advise is spot on. Good luck.
  • Happiness July 28, 2019 | 13:51
    Allan Carr's e-book can help you and there is a free link on one of my stories posted. A must read for all at any time. Click on Happiness and find Allan Carr.
  • Nuts July 30, 2019 | 11:03
    Think of a future reward that you will be able to afford. Its amazing how much money you will save. Be very determined. Positive thinking makes it so much easier.