Lori_me
20/05/2019

I am very sleepy these days

Posted in Quit experiences 12 Jun 2019

Today is day 23. These past few days have been a little weird because I have been sleepy. I come back from work and I just feel like going to bed at 6 o'clock in the evening, don't feel like doing anything other than just lie there...I have also had some urges but I kept my cool :) Is this a normal thing? It has been 3 weeks.

• Robn June 12, 2019 | 20:23
    HibLori, yes it is normal for now...it should not continue for much longer. I was the same for the first month or so. You are doing really well....23 days is a great effort. Keep going, the benefits are amazing.
  • Lori_me June 12, 2019 | 20:52
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 12, 2019 | 21:01
    I was sleepy for a while because I had lowered my intake of stimulants like coffee and alcohol. They went hand in hand with the smoke breaks. Could that be the case with you?
  • Lori_me June 12, 2019 | 21:25
    @PuffNoMore, I don't think so. I still drink coffee at work, same 1-2 cups every day. Alcohol, not so much.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 12, 2019 | 21:25
    I guess the bottom line is that the nicotine in the smokes was a stimulant too, so its a normal adjustment even at 3 weeks
  • Nuts June 12, 2019 | 22:31
    You are doing great Lori. Hang in there
  • Happiness June 13, 2019 | 1:14
    I slept better after quitting for awhile, but still have bouts of insomnia. That's probably due to not keeping regular hours.
    I read that nicotine diminished the effects of caffeine so you would think we would be more wide awake. Everyone is different though. Coud you be low in iron, or is it a form of depression from mourning "our friend"? It just makes you wonder. Has anyone asked their doctor for a medical reason?

You are doing wonderfully well Lori-me, and I am sure this malady will run its course. Feel better soon. It will all be worth it in the end.
  • Lori_me June 13, 2019 | 17:55
    @Happiness, it could be depression :) Thank you so much for the kind words :*
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 14, 2019 | 21:34
    Hope you are ok
    Hang tough
    It will fall into place eventually.
  • Sid Elias, Nepean Blue Mountains June 14, 2019 | 21:59
    MAybe you've knocked down your caffeine intake which normally goes nice with a dirty smoke
  • Nuts June 15, 2019 | 17:33
    Hows it going today Lori. Hope you are feeling better. Hang in there sweetheart. It really does get better
  • Lori_me June 15, 2019 | 17:44
    @Nuts, the urges are getting weaker and weaker so that's amazing :) I still feel a bit down, but I'm gonna be fine. I just got a cold :)) My throat is killing me :D Thank you so much for caring :* You are all such wonderful people. I feel so lucky to have found this community. It really helps with the transition.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 15, 2019 | 18:05
    You are right Lori, Its a transition. Get over this hump and you'll be over it for good.
  • Nuts June 18, 2019 | 9:45
    Hi Lori. Hope you are feeling better. Colds are no fun. The bright side is that a sore throat will put you off smoking for sure. You are going great sweetie. Stay strong
  • softly40, Mid North Coast June 18, 2019 | 18:43
    Its just the rght weather to have hot lemon drinks and lots of gargle for your throat. Snuggle up and read if you cant sleep.