Battle won
2/03/2019

5 Months / 150 Days Smoke Free

Posted in Quit experiences 09 Jun 2019

The power of the mind. I always try to remember, the biggest “Battles” I will ever face take place inside my own head. Victory in our world of nicotine is a state of mind, we can reclaim the power nicotine hold over us if we stay strong mentally.

• Happiness June 09, 2019 | 9:20
    I love your name I , love that you have successfully become a non-smoker. I especially love your phase and I hope you don't mind that I used it because it is tooo true!

The Battle IS WON IN THE MIND.

Congratulations Friend, and cheers to no looking back!
  • Battle won June 09, 2019 | 10:39
    Happiness thank you for your words of inspiration and encouragement, if only you knew how often you've kept me focus on the task at hand when my mind would drifted in the early days of my quit. When iCanQuit changed the format and I had trouble posting comments, you told me at the very least keep visiting us and post when can. You gave me this advice because you understand how important it is to stay connected with like minded people on this journey to remain smoke free. You my friend have truly become the conscience of iCanQuit and we are better for it.
  • Safe2017 June 09, 2019 | 10:59
    Hooray to you Battle won. 150 days is a significant number. You should be really proud of your accomplishment, not many who quit reach this milestone. Congrats.
  • Safe2017 June 09, 2019 | 11:13
    After 800 smoke free days I had a dream last night that i decided that having one cig a day is not an addiction. Woke up feeling guilty but happy it was only a dream. Stay vigilant and good luck.
  • Happiness June 09, 2019 | 14:47
    I am glad that it was just a dream Safe (or more like a nightmare upon waking i am sure) You have worked so hard for your freedom with the mantra NOPE. You are a reminder to me and others just how fast all our work and devotion can go up in smoke. Keep on using those ash trays for better healthier things!

Thanks for your kind words Battle Won. I enjoy contribution and happier if I know it has helped someone. I know people enjoy the stories and check in to see what's new. I wish more people would add comments . Sure got a lot of response when IcanQuit shook things up! I know not everyone is like me and likes to write, nor have the time as I do. It is my way of giving back because I think the forum gave me the confidence that I could quit. That in itself can make all the difference. I am so happy if I helped you through it. You seem committed and happy to be a non-smoker these days, so i don't anticipate any problems for you.
    Any one can quit smoking...... why because like you say
    The battle is won in the mind...... think positive and positive things happen!
  • Robn June 09, 2019 | 16:30
    Have to agree folks....90% of the quit is mental mind set...if you want it...go get it.
    This forum has helped many people and it is a fantastic place to meet and chat. I know it has helped me to stay focused and on track. Keep posting happiness, you are doing a great job of supporting people.
    I would like to say that for anyone who slips up and has a smoke, it does not need to end your quit journey so keep on keeping on. A stumble is not a fall.
  • Happiness June 09, 2019 | 16:41
    You are quite right Robyn.
    A stumble is definitely not a failure. The nicotine addiction is really the easy part of this quit. The tobacco companies and govenrnment, other smokers and even you the smoker, use it as an excuse, or scare to make money. (not you of course, who spends thousands in a lifetime, a mortage or two in fact) to keep you filling y
    their coffers with your addiction.... coffers,,,,, coffins.... ummmmmmmmmm
    Your choice folks! It really is a choice in YOUR MIND. Believe us,believe in yourself or believe the gov.

Enough said. ..... You are an adult.... think!!!
  • Nuts June 09, 2019 | 18:02
    Well done mate. I knew you could do it 👍
  • softly40, Mid North Coast June 10, 2019 | 10:19
    Your title seems to have deeply stamped your conviction to quit, great news, I am not there yet but hope to belong in this category, for me knowledge; mental attitude; and this forum is helping. Well done
  • Leeann , Central Coast June 10, 2019 | 15:15
    Congratulations Battlewon what truer words can be said, quitting is just that a mind game. Because willpower is in our mind. You are doing really well, I am happy for you. Well deserved success👍
  • Battle won June 11, 2019 | 5:42
    Hi Nuts, I had trouble posting comments since iCanQuit change their format, but all is well now. Thank you Friend for acknowledging these milestones you and I share, wow it seems like a lifetime when I join iCanQuit 2 Mar 2019 and told my story, you were the first to post a comment and welcome me into this family of victorious Quitters. We will always be connected my friend and I’m grateful for it.
  • Battle won June 11, 2019 | 5:47
    Thank you for the warning Safe2017, complacency is not a friend of former smokers.
  • Battle won June 11, 2019 | 6:02
    Leeann as of 31 May 2019, you approached a 4 day milestone of being smoke free and you used the absolute word that gave us a window into your happiness. Yippee, and for the rest of your life as a former smoker everyday will be Yippee.
  • Battle won June 11, 2019 | 6:33
    softly40 thank you for posting, you are right my title and the fear of failing is a powerful conviction that maintains me. I wake up every morning not looking back but as Safe2017 put it staying vigilant to the challenges nicotine will present me today. Because when it is all said and done after the physical withdrawals have passed, nicotine only have one arrow left in its quiver to defeat us and the attack will always be in the mind. It might a weak moment, a sad moment, a happy moment whatever the reason please stop looking for physical attachments to cigarettes the battle have long moved on from that area of your life.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast June 11, 2019 | 16:52
    Thanks Battle one I will keep trying to convince my mind that I have defeated the gremlin. I still need to be vigilant though as Safe2017 says. Stlll 93 days already under my belt I have tried before and will not be too complacent as I dont want another repeat. Great outcome for you.
  • Nuts June 12, 2019 | 22:39
    Hi Battle won. You are welcome mate. We will continue our journey together. You are doing a fantastic job. Well done