Jatchat
Illawarra Shoalhaven
25/05/2012

1.5 Days smoke free

Posted in Getting started 12 Jun 2012

Well the first day all I did was sleep, I think I figured I can't sleep in bed or while I am asllep, armed with a patch and an occasional losenge so far so good, Besides the weather has not been conducive to outside activities.This morning I had a Drs appointment and he was expecting me to be 11 days into my quit, I told him I gave up yesterday and he reinforced the facts about cardio function and how at my age I am going into high risk territory by continuing to smoke. I see him again next Tuesday.

This afternoon I had another sleep and then tonight went to a Liberal Party branch meeting. Tomorow I work for 3 hours so that will keep my mind off smoking as I apply myself to my duties, Good luck to anyone trying to give up the benefits are worth living for...

Report abuse ← Previous Story Next Story →

• NowaNonSmoker! , Western Sydney June 12, 2012 | 21:42
    Woohoo jatchat. You've begun your journey. Stay strong.
  • lucifer , Central Coast June 12, 2012 | 21:48
    Sorry to hear your a liberal but I shall not hold that against you(this does not mean I like rangers either) .So I give you my hopes as human to human that you will succeed in quitting .Good luck
  • Bigz , Nepean Blue Mountains June 13, 2012 | 10:45
    Mate well done on making a change! Keep going man, it will be 11 days before you know it.
  • MickeyJ , Southern NSW June 13, 2012 | 15:30
    WELL DONE. I can't believe you copped a serving from your doctor when you've already given up. You're a non-smoker now for heavens sake!
  • petester , Western Sydney June 14, 2012 | 23:59
    Every time you think of a cigarette, remember that you are now a NON-SMOKER. Start thinking like a NON-SMOKER. 18 days now and i still need to tell myself this regularly. This site has helped me so much as well. Good luck. Petester.
  • petester , Western Sydney June 14, 2012 | 23:59