Dontnico
Hunter New England
3/05/2019

I can't quit yet

Posted in Getting started 06 May 2019

I don't know. Whenever I consider quitting and say now I will quit I just get overanxious. And now i have started drinking again. The times I have quit in the past its via face to face contact. I am not comfortable with this medium. BUT I will perservere with YOUR HELP

• Happiness May 06, 2019 | 16:49
    Hi Dontnico. This journey should be taken when in the right frame of mind and not cause insurmountable anxiety. I think that you have made a great decision in trying to quit again, only this time i would advise you to read all of our stories, and anything and everything you find on line about quitting smoking, Understanding nicotine and the addiction, and the psychological aspects of the quit are instrumental in staying quit. You do not have to participate here if it makes you feel uncomfortable, but we may be able to help you with any concerns.

My personal advice to you is to click on my name and read my post of "Have you Given Up Givin Up? Try This! Follow my outline for a few days . I have also posted a link to Allan Carr's book if you look back on my stories written. Between these 3 things, I hope you will stop being so anxious and feel more positive and ready to take this journey.

Anyone can quit smoking, and it is far easier when prepared and in the right Mindset. Have a plan. Know what you will do when a craving starts. Believe that you can do this , because you can.
  • BethP May 07, 2019 | 3:09
    Happiness-you are an amazing cheerleader!
    Dontnico-I pray that you can do this.
  • Nuts May 07, 2019 | 8:43
    If you are really serious about quitting, it is easy. You just need the right mindset. Drinking doesnt help as smokes and alcohol are best friends. You can do it if you really want to.
  • Kathy Karban May 07, 2019 | 11:31
    quitting is 99% mental,once you get past the first couple of days it isn't the nicotine anymore, it is the physical aspects of smoking, I drink a lot water, in fact still do and every time I think I want to smoke I tell someone that I quit or I get on this site and read the posts that makes me think that I do smoke that I am a liar, I didn.t quit or I didnt give good advice, it works for me maybe it will work for you, what is important is that you find what works for you. also my number thought is nope, not one puff ever!!! it has been 130 days smoke free and almost $1,000
  • Bryn Benn May 07, 2019 | 18:48
    Just don't take it to seriously, I went 1 week, then 5 days, then a couple. You know you can do it, like not eating cake. Once you pass 3 days you get a sweat on your forehead. It's kind of neat. You know your free of the nicotine and just have to worry about breaking the rooteen of it all. Try 72 hours then see if you like the feel of quiting then quit when your fully committed, money saving health and all that jargon. BB
  • Bryn Benn May 07, 2019 | 18:48
  • Dontnico, Hunter New England May 11, 2019 | 16:16
    Thanks for all of your advice. Tomorrow I will of course have one or two cigarettes to start the day but then I will use nicotine gum or lozenges to get through the day. Hopefully on day 2 I will only use the gum or lozenges to cope. Then of course there is my quit date of 31 May (World no smoking day). Maybe with a bit of resourcefulness and my nicotine aids I will be a non smoker forever. For how long I have. I have smoked for 54 years, am a lifetime asthmatic and have COPD.
  • Dontnico, Hunter New England May 26, 2019 | 12:37