softly40
Mid North Coast
18/02/2019

Over one month as a non smoker

Posted in Quit experiences 12 Apr 2019

Hi everyone, I am 33 days as a non smoker. The last 3 days have not been easy as I needed to drop the night dose of Champix, I started cutting the night dose in half but eventually needed to drop it, because I was too tired with waking up about 3 times in the night. Strangely enough I had a dream on the first night of dropping the dose about a whole cigarette I could see it clearly. I cant remember the context of the dream. Since then I have had to watch my thoughts more than usual. I am also in the process of dealing with other facets of my life which need attention., I have slept much better though and can manage quite well... in fact 33 days well, so I am now over the one month marker. Hooray!

• Safe2017 April 12, 2019 | 13:17
    A terrific accomplishment Softly40. I too had a dream about smoking a cig in the beginning of my quit. Although it seemed real but in the end it’s nothing but a dream. Don’t read too much into it. Just be vigilant when you are awake because one puff and you could be back to square one. Good luck in your quest to conquer this addiction but you are well on your way of becoming a free non-smoker. You can do it.
  • BethP April 12, 2019 | 14:08
    It's funny. I never took anything like Champix, and yet, I have had very vivid dreams of smoking as well. I wake up angry at first, then relieved that I actually didn't smoke. My doctor explained that that's all our body needs is just one cigarette, to start feeling that addiction again. It's so great that you have passed 30+ days. I myself am in the triple digit club now. Can't wait for you to join us!
  • Milena April 12, 2019 | 17:49
    I'm still waiting for one month marker, and you just became someone I can look up to. And that's not only me. Congratulations on your accomplishment! I heard about those dreams from people around me that stopped smoking. I'm sure I'll have them since I tend to dream things I lost. It's funny, but same as with nightmares - in the end, you are happy for waking up. Best of luck!
  • Broncor, Mid North Coast April 12, 2019 | 19:46
    That is great news softly, I am thinking the dream is part of withdrawals, I too had that but early on, I am still taking 1/2 in the evening. There is a definite shift when you drop the dose, but nothing we can’t handle, keep up the good work, you got this
  • Robn April 12, 2019 | 22:33
    Hi Softly, well done to you....that is an awesome effort. Hope you have done something special for yourself as a reward. It is important to celebrate your milestones as it helps to reinforce your resolve. Just remember more than any physical addiction....this is a mind game...and you can win it. Just stay positive and have an I can do this attitude....start to really hate those cigarettes, really hate them, they are the reason you are going through this journey. Once you honestly hate them for everything they have cost you....you will not have cravings. You don’t crave what you don’t want. You can do this....stat strong and focused.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast April 13, 2019 | 10:27
    So very much appreciate your comments to help me everyone, this is so important to me now, I am aware of the deadly thoughts or the scrunching of my stomach being on just the day dose of champix, but I intend to keep up my sayings to myself more, which I have noted down thankyou for reminding me.
  • Happiness April 13, 2019 | 12:15
    whoo hoo ...double digits. Great job softly and keep up what ever it is you do to keep yourself on track. It is working, and everyday it will get easier. Proud of you!
  • Nuts April 14, 2019 | 9:02
    Well done Softly 40. The first month is the hardest and you made it. Hang in there, and each day will get easier. Be very proud of yourself👍😀
  • softly40, Mid North Coast April 14, 2019 | 10:57
    Thanks again to everyone, Happiness and.uts, I value all of your input
  • softly40, Mid North Coast April 14, 2019 | 10:58