Battle won
2/03/2019

90 Days smoke free

Posted in Quit experiences 10 Apr 2019

Hi everyone,I am happy to post that today is my 3 month smoke free milestone. When I look back at the beginning of my attempt to quit smoking I remember all the failed attempts, it was hard for me to make pass the first 24 hrs without smoking. Each time I failed it would set me back months before I tried again, this fight to be free fro nicotine only began to change for me when I stopped romancing the cigarette and realize the magnitude of the battle that I was in. Each time I check off a new milestone, I think of everyone on this site who have helped and encouraged me.

• Safe2017 April 10, 2019 | 12:32
    A terrific achievement Battle won. If you could stay smoke free 90 days then you can stay smoke free forever. Just don’t be tempted by one puff illusion.
    Good luck.
  • Robn April 10, 2019 | 15:16
    Hi Battle won,
    Fantastic milestone.....it is great to be free isn’t it....makes you wonder why it ever held any appeal in the first place.
    But as you say once you see smoking for what it really is...a little tube of tobacco that ruled our every waking moment,
    You understand how stupid it is to be a slave to it. Congrats again...well done
  • Battle won April 11, 2019 | 3:55
    Thank you, Safe2017 & Robin for always being supportive when you comment. I respect what both have to say because you have a track record of success, congrats Safe2017 on your resent 2 yr smoke free milestone, and Robin you are looking really good at 10 months smoke free.
  • Happiness April 11, 2019 | 4:57
    You lived up to your name as i knew you would Battlewon, right from day one you were positive. Congrats and keep up the effort until it becomes effortless. It does you know, and then you are truly a happy non-smoker in every sense. Believe you can and you will. Knowledge is power!
  • Happiness April 11, 2019 | 5:01
    btw, i love the word you chose .."romanticizing the cigarette" which is why people find it so difficult to even attempt to start this journey. That and fear. Once they trust and believe and put the effort into reading and joining a forum as this, things can have a totally different perspective. Anything is achievable with some guidance and desire.
  • Leeann , Central Coast April 11, 2019 | 6:24
    Congratulations Battle Won on 90 days, you are over the hardest part of your quit. Not to be negative, just a small word of warning. Ensure you stay strong and viligient and keep your guard up firmly in place as it's easy to think you've got this and a sneaky craving can come along and bring you unstuck. I'm speaking from my own past experiences. 90 days is victorious and you should feel super proud and only other quitters really understand the magnitude of that battle and achievement. I hope you have rewarded yourself in some way😊👍
  • Battle won April 11, 2019 | 23:04
    Happiness you are so right that knowledge is power in this fight to overcome smoking addiction, and so is good supportive friends on this site, thank you.
  • Battle won April 11, 2019 | 23:20
    Thank you Leeann for your congratulations, you are never negative when you give me words of wisdom that help me to stay focus, grounded, and on guard. I am listening because you are speaking from pass experience, quitting is to important to me don’t stop helping.