Reesie
1/07/2018

115 Days, happy to be smoke free!

Posted in Staying quit 24 Oct 2018

I must say I am shocked to see how much money I have saved on this quit journey! I have been shopping probably too much. But figure now I can start saving those extra dollars and spoil my children at Christmas.

Am also starting to curb the over indulgence on food and treats..cos those extra kilos have come on.

But it still is an awesome achievement, and the cravings are definetly few and far between now.

Keep going is all I can say..xx

• Robn October 24, 2018 | 19:04
    Well done Reese, you should be really proud of yourself. How fantastic is it to be free of that slavery to a smoke. Yes, the money saved is great...hard to believe we wasted so much time and money on that stupid habit. Well done to you once again and be proud and loud...you have taken back control of your life...yay,
  • Lia October 24, 2018 | 21:38
    Hi Reese. Welcome to the club of weight gain. In just over 2 1/2 years smoke free, I managed to pile on 12kgs. I was overweight when I started. A year ago, I figured if I can quit smoking, surely I can eliminate all white foods from my diet. Nothing but vegetables, chicken, fish, steak and fruit for the past 10 months. Have lost 17kgs. So enjoy weight gain and whatever it takes to remain smoke free. Food will be a breeze. Enjoy the ride...
  • Reesie October 24, 2018 | 22:02
    Thanks Robn, your praise and encouragement is so great. I really appreciate it!!!
    And Lia, wow!! It's great to hear real stories that I can relate to. I have to admit the last few weeks I am beating myself up because of the weight gain..
    But I'm also proud of the fact that i have stopped smoking. It is a big thing, and gradually I will work on being good in terms of diet. 17 kilos gone and 2 and 1/2 years smoke-free, that is amazing. 😊
  • Leeann , Central Coast October 25, 2018 | 5:33
    Congratulations Reesie you should feel extremely proud for whipping those cigarettes to the kerb!!!!! Go you good thing😊 Please don't beat yourself up over some weight gain, this is normal as we keep our hands busy we replace the habit with snacks. At least you are a whole lot healthier now and apart from feeling better you are now rid of smelling like an ash tray. Perhaps you could find a new hobby/gentle sport like swimming or walking to help with the weight gain😊 Take care, you are doing amazing, isn't it fabulous to be rid of all that comes with smoking!!
  • Reesie October 25, 2018 | 7:28
    Thx Leann, I am so happy to not be that person standing around the corner, SMOKING!! And not smelling like an ashtray is sooo good. Yes, I agree. I need to stop thinking negatively about the weight gain.. and will get back on track! Have had rellos visiting and lots of takeaways etc.
    Thx for your positive feedback xx
  • pe October 25, 2018 | 12:39
    I hear ya Reesie, me to have been eating waayyy to much just constantly putting something in my mouth, although i do try and have healthier snacks it`s not always what i crave lol.
    i just tell myself i can loose the weight i can`t replace my lungs
    i hated that always being the one around the corner like you say. NO MORE!!
    Great job!!
  • joanne4514 October 25, 2018 | 23:17
    wow, i love hearing these words of encouragement! thanks for posting...couple kilos...no biggy...better than that ball n chain dragging you out every couple of hours! :)