weewillem
26/02/2016

Day 8 and breezing through

Posted in Staying quit 10 Apr 2018

Day 8 yet again (and hopefully for the last time). I really cannot imagine myself smoking again - it's like being in a nightmare and not being able to wake up. I am very afraid of starting again, as I have do many times before. Now, I try to imagine the pleasure of having a smoke, but I can only imagine the stink, the discomfort in my throat, the shame of polluting my neighbours environments, the poison circulating in my blood to all of the organs in my body. I am fitter already, after only.one week.

• Pegster April 11, 2018 | 0:03
    Just keep making a list of all the benefits and keep reading it. Day 67 here for me. Finally it gets easier. There are more hours that go by that I did not even think about smoking. I found, when I am tempted, that I do the stupidest thing but it works..... I pretend I am holding a cigarette and take a long long draw on this imaginary thing. For some reason, it satisfies the crazy habit of puffing on one of those things AND.... I realize just how much better I can breath in and out. Goofy yes but... everyone once in awhile, during those temptations, I do it and the urges passes. Find your something and keep going. We are all glad we have!!!
  • Paidi April 11, 2018 | 4:31
    Keep up the good work Willem. I just quit 20 minutes ago. let's continue the fight together.
  • weewillem April 11, 2018 | 8:01
    Great ideas Pegster, thanks. I like the idea of a pretend cigarette.
  • colloquial April 12, 2018 | 12:30
    GO get em WW..you can do this ,deal with each craving as it arrives,do not think of the ones that are not with you yet,one at a time and before you know it they will lessen in intensity and frequency.One at a time and NO MATTER WHAT! wee willem do not put one in your mouth..NO MATTER WHAT!
  • hallibean April 14, 2018 | 11:45
    8 days here too....Believe in yourself....you can do this
  • Safe2017 April 16, 2018 | 23:59
    My wife told me that it wasn't fun going to dinners with me because right after dinner I'd have a cig and the smell coming out of my lungs stank worse than a pile of poop. I thought it wasn't that bad... In any case, stay strong, drink fluids and chew gum. All the best