Bradj62
Hunter New England
11/03/2014

So glad I stuck with it.

Posted in Quit experiences 13 Mar 2018

I have just passed the 4 year mark. What can I say....I am very proud of myself. Never thought I could get off the dreaded smokes but I have, and I will never take them back up again. I am not a big wage earner and I am able to get the things I need (and want) because I am not spending thousands of dollars a year on smokes. Had a lung check and I was happy with the results and I must say, I feel very fortunate. If I can influence anyone on here to follow my footsteps, I urge you to do it. Do it, stick with it and get off them.....you will be glad you did!

• Safe2017 March 13, 2018 | 18:50
    Congrats Bradj62, what a great achievement. In one of your earlier posts you described yourself as a smoker who doesn't light up anymore. Do you still consider yourself a smoker who doesn't light up anymore or did you pass onto the next phase of being a non-smoker? All the best!
  • Bradj62, Hunter New England March 13, 2018 | 19:13
    Still believe that once you have been a smoker, your body will always remember nicotine. Hence I feel I am "a smoker who does not smoke anymore". I feel once you reach a certain point, you know to never go back and I feel I am at that stage. I don't like to be around smokers and I guess I am the typical "ex-smoker".
  • storm, Murrumbidgee March 15, 2018 | 18:40
    Congratulations Bradj62, 4 years wow what am achievement today I am 2 years and I totally understand, I also have always believed that I am a smoker that doesn't smoke anymore
  • Steve01 March 15, 2018 | 20:37
    Great work Brad and an inspiration...You've managed very well in your quit at only 8 or so posts rather than 50 or more like some. Since I joined in 2014 Ive had a few mishaps along the way but Looking forward to making two years quit soon.
  • Lia March 15, 2018 | 21:52
    Hi Bradj62. Good to see the occasional long time quitter here on this site. So encouraging for the likes of me. Not quite 3 years. Over $22000 saved from the ashtray. Your story reminds me I am not alone and there is further hope. Thanks.
  • LizaRokka, Northern Sydney March 21, 2018 | 15:04
    Wow. That is so encouraging to hear. Thank you.