Mandy81
1/11/2017

Anger fury nasty tantrums

Posted in Quit experiences 28 Nov 2017

My anger levels are through the roof and I’m just not myself... I’ve read up on side effects of champix and I’ve definitely got issues of anger depression tiredness headache anxiety and when I drank at a bbq .. I went from fine to passed out drunk 😵 soooo quickly and made a mess of myself. Do not drink with Champix!!! My outbursts of anger are shocking and I’m definitely going off champix early .. despite all this I’m still not smoking even though I only take half A tablet a day. I also went all crying episode all day the other day ... this has been a mess!!!! Good thing is I’m not smoking but the side effects have been aweful. Anyone else with issues??

• ronryan65, Western NSW November 29, 2017 | 0:24
    HI Mandy sounds like you have had a bit of a reality check, I went true some thing like I went thru myself only I'm on the patches still, I tried Champix myself before the patches and spray and they didn't agrea with me either I don't drink anymore but I bet it sent you for 6 lol. It might be better to give the drink a miss for a bit until you get a handle on this, Alcohol is a good mood enhancer and combined with Champix could be a bad mix if your only taking half a Tab your really only getting half a dose which could explain the mood swings and a night on the booze will only amp it up and then you have to deal with the consequences later, hang in there Mate its only temporary and good on ya for not giving in to the Cigs you should be proud of your self you've come a long way now don't let crap bring you down and give yourself a pat on the back cause you deserve it. Ron
  • ronryan65, Western NSW November 29, 2017 | 0:24
  • ronryan65, Western NSW November 29, 2017 | 0:27
    I don't know how this happened lol
  • Red-67 November 30, 2017 | 6:31
    Some people just can't take the Champix. The side affects can be worse than going cold turkey.. I think a little NRT makes more sense, but cold turkey is fastest, and best way, if you can handle it. But, the most important thing, no matter how you quit, a little self control will be needed.. Extreme mood swings are just part of the process..
  • Moonbeam December 03, 2017 | 11:07
    How's it going Mandy? Are you hanging in there? You're doing the right thing here using others for support. I'm sad Champix hasn't done it for you. I think I understand. It's hard work isn't it. Let me quietly encourage you to stick at it.
  • John in Wales December 04, 2017 | 17:13
    Mandy, I lost most of the desire for alcohol when I was on Champix. I also found that if I has more than one drink in an evening then I would get a hangover the next morning. Now I have been off Champix for three weeks (I did the full 12 week course) and am still not drinking much. Keep your eye on the prize if you can and stick with it.