Gayld
Northern NSW
6/03/2012

I lost the plot today

Posted in Quit experiences 10 Apr 2012

For some reason this afternoon, my little dog chased my cat and I lost the plot. Pooe little buggar got an earful from me and if there had been any cigarettes aroiund I know I would have had one. Luckily I had no money either so I couldn't go and buy any!

I don't know what set it off but I just snapped and let lose for about 15 mins!! I am now sucking on an empty iinhaler lol and my dog still loves me!!

Hugs xx

• chief, South Eastern Sydney April 11, 2012 | 7:17
    Good for you for not slipping Gayld.
    Stay strong and keep kickin' it. Your doing so well.
    Funny how the little things can get to you!! but hang in there.
  • Freakboy April 11, 2012 | 9:22
    Hang in there buddy.
  • MickeyJ, Southern NSW April 11, 2012 | 16:24
    Well done Gayld for staying strong. Seems dogs could be a trigger for you ... the barking all night dog sent you off before your official quit date too if I recall correctly.

BTW, have you been to your grand-daughter's birthday party smoke free yet? You're doing so well and I bet your family will be very proud of you.
  • Gayld, Northern NSW April 11, 2012 | 16:32
    Yes MickeyJ it was great. Of course the kids didn't notice that Nanny doesn't smoke anymore but my daughters and their hubbys think it is great.

I had the whole family here on Easter saturday night and my daughter bought her 2 border collie dogs with her. They kept chasing my cats which I was very upset about, especially when they thought it was funny. I think my little man thought he could do the same thing too, but he quickly learnt that it's a no-no! We are friends again now and I also have my other daughters 14yr old mini foxy staying with me while they are in Sydney for a few days. She's a bit fretful and under my feet a lot so I suppose that isn't helping! All is ok now and thanks everyone
    hugs xx
  • Gayld, Northern NSW April 11, 2012 | 16:37
    Hi MickeyJ, no it wasn't the dogs barking all night, I was just having a bad day and took my frustrations out on them again....just yelling no hitting or anything!
    xx
  • Gam, Hunter New England April 11, 2012 | 19:53
    Lol= sorry shouldnt laugh, but hey I think we are all non smoking looney's. Not that there is anything wrong with that-just saying.
    hoping today is a better, calmer day for you.
    Your doing really well xoxoxoxoxo
  • Gayld, Northern NSW April 11, 2012 | 21:42
    Thanks Gam, glad you can see the funny side and you made me give a bit of a giggle too!
    hugs xx