Cranky76
14/07/2015

6 Months (and one day)

Posted in Staying quit 28 Jan 2017

Yep, another milestone.. I have been waiting for this date for quite a while and would say to people - in 2 weeks it's 6 months quit, in 9 days... 4 to go... Then on Friday night I'm with some friends and I'm like 'it's 6 months quit tomorrow' and after the congrats and all I said 'I have been counting down to this Friday for so long' only for one of them to inform me ' Ahh, it's Friday today!' Well that was a shock, I have a few days off work and forget what day it is AND I nearly miss my 6 months! Anyhoo it's been and gone and I'm a proud non smoker...

• Steve01 January 28, 2017 | 18:35
    Awesome Cranky and big congratulations!!! Understand all to well the satisfaction of making tha big 6 :-)
  • Dobbin January 28, 2017 | 20:17
    Hey Crankey. What a hero. A thousand congratulations on your 6 months. Watching your journey the early days just were not easy for you. All the more a triumph for you and all of us who share it with you. Dobbin
  • Lia January 28, 2017 | 20:19
    Hi Cranky. Congratulations on cruising past your 6 months milestone. Think how good you feel about this achievement and look forward to the feeling of elation as you reach many more. Let's face it, every day becomes a milestone to be enjoyed.
  • andies, Sydney January 29, 2017 | 10:18
    Congratulation Cranky... Love your story... But I feel the same, I was waiting to reach my 1500 AUS saving impatiently and then I just forgot to check up.. I think it means we are proud about ourself but on the same time the addiction is not anymore on the every day life... Continue on this journey...!
  • Judes January 30, 2017 | 14:51
    Yes, big congratulations.....my goal is to reach 6 months and beyond of course. It seems so far off but time flies especially as one gets older :( All I know is I feel better for not smoking and so far I'm not the least bit tempted to go and spend any more of my hard earned money on the filthy things. Fingers crossed our lives continue to improve with determination and willpower.
  • Johnnie, South Eastern Sydney January 30, 2017 | 18:41
    Hello Cranky....congratulations. I am just hitting the 7 mth mark and it gets better.. does'nt it?
  • Cranky76 January 30, 2017 | 19:01
    Thanks everybody for your great messages, I'm so pleased I found this site as I'm not sure I would have made it this far without it. I really appreciate all the support.. Onwards and upwards!