adelle
Nepean Blue Mountains
6/02/2012

Day 1 is just beginning...

Posted in Getting started 09 Feb 2012

Hi Guys :-)

It feels great to post another message again. I have actually been anitcipating this moment of midnight as my final sign to the beginning of better health! I have actually been excited for this moment to come.

I may be jumping the gun a little as I have only just started day 1 of not smoking but I just wanted to share my excitement.

My thoughts are with the rest of you. Best of wishes to you all on your journey!

I will be visiting this site daily through my journey as I feel great support and information here :-)

Good night :-)

• Malav Shah February 09, 2012 | 0:34
    Hey, Firstly i would want to wish u goodluck!! It is my 2nd day of not smoking. I have been a smoker since 10 yrs and this is the 2nd time i am trying to quit. I have been smoking around a packet in 2 days. I have been using nicotine patches.

All the best and I am sure we will be non smokers soon and never get back onto this path again ever,
  • MickeyJ, Southern NSW February 09, 2012 | 8:51
    Good luck Adelle. The first couple of days won't be easy, but once you push through you'll be set. Whenever you get a craving, distract your mind, keep yourself otherwise occupied.
  • lindaG, Western Sydney February 09, 2012 | 9:13
    Hi Adelle - you're a non-smoker already! Don't torture yourself when you have a craving - say "I don't need that smoke coz I'm a non-smoker" and then SMILE and say "yippee I'm a non-smoker". Sounds corny but it really works! Congratulations on being a non-smoker!
  • wen, Mid North Coast February 09, 2012 | 13:32
    Yeah, stay positive...so good !!
  • adelle, Nepean Blue Mountains February 09, 2012 | 20:24
    Thank you to each of you! I love your comments and support :) Thanks for sharing your story, your tips, positivity, reassurance, luck and time. I really appreciate it!
    I have nearly made my first day without one. Yay!
    Like I said before, all the best to you guys as well :)
  • lindaG, Western Sydney February 09, 2012 | 23:47
    Well done Deb - you did it! Roll on day 2! Now brush your teeth n go to bed.