Flora
28/01/2016

152 days and not really counting

Posted in Quit experiences 12 Oct 2016

I am back from a 3 month holiday and to be honest, I checked in here a few times at the beginning of my holidays but then lost track of it all as I was just too busy having fun. So now I just popped in here to see where I'm at (my quit plan) and to catch up on other peoples experiences too. I am happy with myself and have achieved the goal i set out, that is...to be quit before my trip and the biggest test for me was going to be while I was there( Greece), as most people smoke, EVERYWHERE and the cigs are cheap. So I did it, I am indeed an EX smoker and Ive moved on and dont think about smoking or not smoking anymore, except for when the topic comes up in conversation. I feel fantastic!!

I have written in here many times and explained how I quit, my method, my symptoms, hints etc...I dont want to be repeating myself but please feel free to ask me...I'd be happy to help.

Great to see so many new people starting out, i wish you all the luck in the world...stay strong everyone. To those of you who have stayed quit far longer....bravo to you all.

PS....The money I have saved so far is enough for my next ticket/flight.....bonus!!

• WhiteWillow October 13, 2016 | 2:21
    Well done, Flora, we've come a long way on this journey together. I feel so proud to be part of such a successful group. It's been tough but so worthwhile. The money I saved meant I didn't cry about the vet bill. Huzzah!
  • Johnnie, South Eastern Sydney October 13, 2016 | 13:17
    Hi Flora, congratulations on your achievements. Do not be afraid of repeating your tips and experiences with quitting smoking. New people are coming on to this site all the time so the more info available the better it would be . Cheers.
  • Flora October 13, 2016 | 15:36
    Hello and thank you WW, it's good to 'see' you again and yes indeed, we have come a long way....yay to us!!
    HI Johnnie, thank you too....cheers.
  • Steve01 October 13, 2016 | 21:47
    Great to hear from you again Flora and glad the trip went well. I unfortunately back slides down the mountain and had to reset the clock so only back to 82 days today when I should be nearer to where you are. so great inspiration to know you're still going strong an checking in on us and reminder to me not to muck up a good quit again.
  • Flora October 13, 2016 | 22:56
    Hello Steve and thanks. Sorry to hear you slipped up but hey...you are back on track again and that's awesome.
    This was is my mantra; NOPE...Not One Puff Ever, cause we know, that's all it takes. I used to have it written and stuck on my computer, on the fridge, in the car. That may be helpful to you too.
    Keep up the good fight, you can do it Steve.
  • Steve01 October 14, 2016 | 23:00
    Thanks Flora...actually I've made my own random computer screen saver with messages reminding why I quite and how bad it feels to back slide. So similar to your idea of notes around the place. I does help in fact. I also like the My Quit Buddy phone app too. I have a pretty good feeling this time and hope to be posting about 152 days like you in the future 😊
  • Roseanne, Northern NSW October 19, 2016 | 7:27
    Hey all. Well done to everyone. I'm at 220 days. While I haven't slipped. The last few months have been tough with several personal issues. Money or lacked of it have been my biggest motivator. I still occasionally get a strong craving. Deal with it and keep going.