trish k
Central Coast
17/01/2012

A day at a time

Posted in Quit experiences 29 Sep 2016

Hi, Well I haven't come in here for what seems like forever, and bascially it has been forever. Four Years and ten months since I gave up the horrible habit and still striving along without one. I don't even think about smoking, but I know how proud I am that I achieved something that I had wanted to do for so long. To all of you who are really finding days hard...just take a day at a time, then days become months and than become years. And honestly you will never regret giving it up....hang in there everyone.

• Lizzie 1, Western NSW September 29, 2016 | 19:30
    Thank you great to know its doable :-)
  • WhiteWillow September 29, 2016 | 23:44
    Hey, Trish, that's amazing. It's great to know that people really can stay quit. So glad you're still free.
  • debbieuk September 30, 2016 | 5:46
    What a great achievement. You are now just so free.
  • Lia September 30, 2016 | 10:31
    Thanks Trish K for making a return visit to remind us all that the road ahead can be a very long one that is nicotine free. Your success is a huge incentive for the likes of people like me who have gone beyond that magical number of 365 days. The further away from day one of quitting, the brighter the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • PatriciaS October 01, 2016 | 12:10
    Hi Trish,
    Its great to hear your success story.... How many years did you smoke...

I have been smoking for over 20 years and am now on my first day of being Smoke Free. I don't have a craving to have a smoke which I feel strange.
    12 months ago I tried to quit smoking before and was smoke free for 3 months. I don't know what happened but one day I just started smoking again. I'm angry with myself for restarting and not completing the full Champix medication.

I guess I am just wanting more support to do it this time for myself and my beautiful family.
  • Dobbin October 03, 2016 | 19:27
    Thank you Trish. Alumni visitors are most welcome but please don't leave it so long next time. Your post is really so inspiring and extremely helpful for all of us here. I am now 13 months away from Nicky Teen and it helps to know that your resolve is still strong after so many years. Thanks again
  • CateKG October 06, 2016 | 23:53
    I'm really wanting to quit. I did it before for 25 years then took it up again 3 years ago. I hate that I started again. Just got to quit!